4

Jenny and I walk into the classroom and take a seat in the back while everyone stares at us. The teacher turns around "quickly girls take a seat, I don't wanna see you come in late again tomorrow."

The teacher continues the lesson... Finally it's time for my dreaded class with Mr. Downey. Before I get to his class I drop off Jenny at her class.

Jenny and I talk for a bit while we wait for the teacher to open the door to the classroom...  

"Have fun in Mr. Downey's class" she says teasingly

"yea, yea whatever"

I walk into his classroom and see books on the desks, I take my seat unfortunately in the same spot as yesterday and read the cover of the book. Romeo & Juliet. The bell rings right as Mr. Downey walks in.

"Morning everyone!"
The room fills with the sound of scattered "Good Morning's"
"Alright people, in front of you, you should have a copy of Romeo & Juliet if you don't please raise your hand so I can give you one"

*no one raises there hand*

"Great so i assume we can begin, everyone please pick a partner. You will be working with them until the end of the semester."
He continues to talk about the lesson and I just stare at him daydreaming. Eventually his voice begins to sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown...

"Ms. Millers? Ms. Millers?!" he repeats my name, sounding a tad agitated, slamming my book on my desk

The sound of faint laughter and Mr. Downey being right in front of my face brings me back to reality

"Do you have a partner or are you too busy daydreaming in my class?"

I look around the class to see that everyone has a partner already... "I- I don't have one"

*he looks at his lists of partners in the class*

"Everyone seems to have a partner so that means I'll be your partner"

"Yay! Great" a slight hint of sarcasm in my voice comes out

"well that's what happens when people are too busy thinking about something else other than classwork."

"Whatever." 

"Ok class, now that Ms. Millers has decided to join us I can continue. You and your partners will all get a sheet of paper, each sheet contains a scene from the book which you will recreate. Sit next to your partner so you can start discussing the work. You will get the sheets in just a moment" 

He hands me a stack of papers

"hand these out will you."  

I get up and start passing the papers out by the time I'm done I only have one sheet left so I give it back to Mr.Downey. I walk back to my seat. 

"Ms. Millers, where do you think you're going?" 

"Oh let's see, I was just about to leave to get some ice cream around the corner... Oh wait that's right I'm in class, so obviously I was going back to my seat." 

*he rolls his eyes* 

"Just because I'm your partner doesn't mean you get an automatic A on the work" 

"Gee and here I thought I could easily pass this class, I guess I'll just have to bribe you or do other things if you know what I mean." I say winking at him whilst blowing a kiss

"Ms.Millers, that is very inappropriate!! Now we should start working otherwise I'll give detention." 

"Fine. Fine ok." I sigh as I strut over to his desk "So what first?" I ask