Prouloge: Housen's Fall

"Let's go, Ayanokouji!" Housen screamed, running towards me.

As he rushed me with his hunter knife in hand. Everyone was expecting him to try and stab me with it. He raised the knife, while laughing. My vision began to focus as I rushed forward.

"Ayanokouji-kun!" Horikita cried, she had a look of fear on her face.

Most people would've tried to escape, but not me, I rushed at him head on. Housen's smile grew bigger as I moved forward. I step on to the ground. As I the wind died down. Housen got closer, he swung his arm, bringing the knife down, aiming at his own body. Shit, he's trying to frame me, not attack me.

He thought that I was a fool for running at him. But the thing is, I wasn't trying to prevent myself from being stabbed at all.

I quickly used my left hand to stop the blade from reaching his leg. I wasn't trying to grab Housen's hand or avoid it, but instead let the blade stab my palm.

"What the fu-?!" Housen was confused, trying to find reason in my actions.

This was clearly not what Housen had expected of me. It would've been nearly impossible to predict my actions beforehand. His arm froze to a halt, and with it, Housen's smile vanished.

"You bastard, Ayanokouji!" Housen said, raising his voice.

He was confused. Anyone in their right mind would've been after seeing what I had done. In most cases, what I did would be seen as stupid. I felt a warm, red, thick, liquid running down my palm.

"That knife, or to be more accurate, that hunting knife, it's the one I bought, isn't it?" I said, calmly.

"The fuck are you on about...?" Housen was still confused, but he knew what I was talking about.

"You were going to stab yourself with MY own knife. After that, you'll tell the school about your injury, and use that as evidence to get me expelled. Correct?" I responded.

"Woah! So even though you figured out my plan, you still came and got stabbed yourself? You're a Monster!" Housen said in amusement. Kind of remind me of Ryuuen.

Even if they knew that it was the correct course of action, most people wouldn't be willing to follow through with such a dangerous act of self-harm like this. This was the primary reason why he would've been able to stab himself and frame me for it.

"You're trying to get me expelled weren't you? Your plan was luring us out here and forcing us into a fight, Sudo and Horikita around a bit, you'll stab yourself with the knife to frame me, and try to say I did it, in a fit of rage, that's your stupid plan. Too bad it didn't even work." I replied, adding an attitude.

The student council was going to be more tolerant, wielding a knife in a fight wouldn't be excused with just a suspension. It would warrant an expulsion, or it could even end up resulting in criminal charges.

"I'd heard you were hot shit, but you seemed pretty fucking wimpy to me, so I didn't really think all that much of you. To think you'd come and let yourself get stabbed... How'd you know the knife was yours?" Housen responded.

"Simple, I'm just built different." I countered.

I could've easily slipped past the knife and grabbed hold of Housen's arm. But doing that wouldn't have solved the problem here. All he would've had to do is create some distance and start his plan all over again. In order to prevent him from doing that, I had no other choice but to get stabbed myself. My god, this is such a pain in the ass to deal with.

Housen tried to let go of the knife, but he's weaker than me, so I used my own hand to lock his fist.

"What the hell? Who the fuck are you, you Monster?" Housen said, but inside I could see him panicking.