chapter 11:

*kalianas pov*

I looked to her and then addilyn "it wasn't mabel, it was mars" I said but then addilyn shook her head.

"i already told you she's gone ok" but I shook my head.

"addilyn I am telling you for a fact that she is here" she just smiled and kept disagreeing with me.

I stood up from my position on the couch with mabel and let out a growl "get jess here" addilyn was taken aback that I used that tone with her but simply shrugged "fine, I don't know how she'll help but i'll get her" and within seconds addilyn disappeared into thin air, the gust of wind left behind blowing my hair around along with some paper that was laying around.

I turned to mabel about to sit down and felt pain traveling through my chest and abdomen "kaliana, don't put stress on your body that you don't need to" mabel said as she quickly stood up making sure I didn't get any worse.

"well I'm sorry, last time I checked I wasn't always in control of my fucked up shifting" I could feel my body slightly shaking as I tried to control the anger coursing through me as best as I could.

Mabel let out a big sigh as she sat back down. She looked up to me as she crossed her arms and shrugged "ok, why do you want to bring jess here?". I waited a minute before I answered and calmed myself down a bit more "jess managed to see things of the past, before I left for the uk she held something of John and Kates. She saw something that had happened ages ago, so maybe she can see something from earlier" I told her.

"maybe. But jess's ability doesn't always work when she wants it too even if there is an essence or memory that can attach itself to her because she still doesn't know how to properly control it". I shrugged my shoulders and waved my arms up slightly.

"well that's because we don't have any research on how her ability work. It's one of our best shots to find her".

Me and mabel sat waiting for addilyn to return with jess so as we were waiting I decided to read one of the books that were sitting around. After about fifteen minutes we heard the door open and in walked jess and addilyn.

"sometimes you guys have the worst timing I mean, I was in the middle of uh. Something" jess said as she sat down in the armchair across from us.

"so why do you want me here? Addilyn said that you said you wanted me here and I'm taking a wild guess it wasn't for a nice cup of coffee and a bite to eat".

"me and mabel think mars is back" I said and jess looked concerned.

"anything unusual, did you sense something off? See something uh, dark?" She asked looking a little weird but then I soon returned the look.

"i mean after I felt the pain I usually do, she called me princess which you obviously knew she did a lot. Um but the back door has some stuff on it, like a dark mist" she slowly got up and walked to the back door.

She walked back in and sat down "it was just empty and numb a-and I can see it. usually I can always feel something even minuscule cause I've been working on whatever I have. But its emptiness, it's kind of scary" she looked up to me and then mabel nervously.

"but I do recognise that feeling, the emptiness. Before you gave me um that phone and before you left. I sort of had a small episode when I touched your arm and um its- its the same feeling". Mabel stood up and ran her hands through her hair and down the back of her neck.

"and you didn't think to tell anyone" she said sounding stressed.

"mabel, jess didn't know what it meant. At least now we're sure its her obviously since she's meant to be dead maybe this darkness is a kind of blocking thing so she can hide" I held onto mabels hand and pulled her back down next to me.