chapter 9

*mabels pov*

I lay kaliana down on our bed and left took the blanket off the bed, she was still burning from her body trying to change and making her even warmer probably wouldn't be good. "hey, how was the walk back?" Addilyn asked as she walked into our room. "hey, um it was ok. She didn't even wake up or stir. Plus letting the cool air get to her a little will help I think" I told her as I stepped away from the bed and walked out with addilyn into the hall.

"um I talked to jess and what I described to her is what she saw before kaliana left, uh her trying to shift that is" she said looking a little worried. "she was in so much pain. I-i mean I haven't seen anything like that, I'm surprised she didn't black out" I said glancing into the room and then closing the door.

"i know but it wasn't in her control I mean, she all of a sudden got really angry. I mean one minute I could literally feel the anger come from her and then in a split second it was full of pain and- and sadness it was weird. But she from what we saw she wasn't in control at all" I nodded in agreement and we both headed down the stairs.

"i mean I would've guessed she wasn't because I don't know anyone who would want to feel whatever she was feeling. Us and jess need to try and figure out how to fix this because if we don't everyone in the pack could be in danger" I let out a sigh and ran my hands down my face.

"I've watched packs lose their powers and strength because of something that's happened to their alpha. And if that happens to this pack then there are going to be a lot more than that one guy who tries to take her power" addilyn and nodded her head in agreement having a distant look on her face. "I'm going to go back do some research and try and see if I can find anything similar to what she's going through" I gave addilyn a hug and then she headed back to her home to research.

I walked through to the cinema room and found everyone sitting and relaxing, I saw jess was sitting by herself so I went to join her. Kris must be out somewhere maybe on a run or something.

"hey how's kal?" She asked as I sat down "not good. Addilyn told me she already said what happened" she looked to me and nodded. "yeah, what's the plan now?" She asked me as she grabbed some chips. "addilyn gonna try and research to see if there's similar things that have happened before. And for us I think we need to watch out when it happens again-" jess interrupted me a little shocked "again? What do you mean again?" I quickly told her to keep it down and then she apologised.

"she hasn't been able to, change. In months. Her abilities are deteriorating her wolf side is going to try and come out again and again until it finally happens and until she gets back to normal. I mean imagine how you would feel if you had your wolf side just at the surface but never being able to actually let it out" she looked down and I could sense that thinking about that made her upset. "she's strong. As long as you're there with her I know she'll be fine" I looked to jess and gave her a small smile. "i hope so".

*kalianas pov*

I quickly jolted upright and felt a cold drip of sweat fall down the side of my chest, I didn't feel like I was burning up anymore and my body only had a light dull ache. I got up and walked into the bathroom turning the tap on and splashing some water on my face. "damn" for some reason it only just popped into my head what happened before, my body going crazy outside addilyn's house in the woods. And having mabel hold me, I think I fell asleep after that. Her holding me was so relaxing.

After rolling about on the ground I think I should probably go for a shower. I started to take my clothes off and through them in the laundry basket after I did that I quickly brushed my teeth, there was a faint taste of blood in my mouth so maybe I bit my tongue or cheek. I looked in the mirror and saw that it was intact my lip that I bit. There was a cut on the side of my lip that hadn't quite healed yet. I finished brushing my teeth and then hopped into the shower letting the water wash off the dirt and sweat. I heard the bedroom door creek open and then footsteps towards the bathroom door, I closed my eyes and breathed in picking up mabels scent. I looked through the fogged glad and saw mabel walk in.