chapter 2

Chapter 2

mabels pov

Kaliana just asked for space and I'm perfectly fine with giving her that, its just she's been closed off for a while I feel like she hiding something from me and I honestly have no idea what it is. I'm just standing watching her head into the house "guys come on I dont want any trouble" the alpha girl I can hear her from the edge of territory.

"well how do we know you won't cause a problem for us" I heard, what is kris and jess doing. Kaliana told them to lead her to the edge of territory not terrorise her, I quickly ran through the woods following their voice until I stopped right beside them.

Kris had his claws out and she looked really nervous "kris kaliana told you's to take her off the land not to threaten her. "but what if she does have a pack and is planning an attack" he said slightly annoyed at me interfering "thats not your decision to make. your alpha told you to do something I suggest you listen".

"how old are you?" I asked her "14" she answered still staring at kris seeing if he was going to make a move. "and I'm guessing your from England somewhere?" She nodded "how did you become and alpha so young?" I started to walk closer to her but she wearily took a step back. "enough with the questions" kris went to run towards her but I quickly threw my hand in his way and pushed him up making him hit a tree.

I heard her begin to run away but before she could even get fifty feet away I already was holding her up against a tree. "never run from a vampire" I could feel the veins start to show under my eyes and everything around changed colour so I could only see living objects, I guess I could describe it as a thermal camera.

"please don't hurt me" I could feel her shake under my grip so I slowly put her down "don't run away" its weird even after years and years I still sometimes can't control myself. "so what happened to you pack?" I asked her again.

I saw tears start to well up in her eyes "i didn't do anything, i-i-i just hid and watched Tham tear my family apart. I wanted to but I didn't" so the only reason she's an alpha is because the role got passed down to her because of her parents death and possibly older brothers cause its not that common that you get a female alpha. Like kaliana.

"how did you end up here?" She looked up and eventually her tears disappeared "I'm not recruiting for a pack, I'm looking for one. I shouldn't have even had my first shift for another year or two yet but here I am already had my first shift a couple of months ago and on the other side of the freaking world having no idea what I'm doing or how to actually tell if I'm on someones territory". As soon as she finished she took a big breathe in.

"well, I can help you out with that. A fifteen minute run down the road there's a high school it may look like a school for rich kids but if you walk in and tell them who you are and your situation im sure they will help". I mean I guess I can relate to her as soon as I turned into a vampire it was like my whole family died because of what they done for years and years. And how they just abandoned me.

"why would I go there? How are they going to help me?" She asked "they'll give you a safe space, a home and by what you've told me so far you're going to need support. Now go before he comes back". She looked up to me and smiled "thank you" she started to jog off and then soon I couldn't see her.

"the first time I met you, you were strong and intimidating" he went and walked so he was standing shoulder to shoulder with me and then leaned into my ear "now you seem weak". Before I even realised what I was doing I had him on the ground with my hand around his neck. "i would strongly suggest you do not call me weak especially since I'm around 430 years older than you" I hissed at him and he just stared at me.