chapter 10

*kalianas pov*

A month later

"c'mon you can do better than that" I threw another punch towards mabel and she quickly dodged. I've still been having the pains from the scars and I've been still having the horrible episodes when trying to shift. Mabel sometimes gets me in time before it gets bad but once it gets to a certain point not even she can ease the pain.

I quickly dropped and spun my leg around causing mabel to fall to the ground with a thud and then I quickly jumped on top of her straddling her. One hand around her throat and my fist raised as if I was about to punch. "hows that?" I asked "better" she said with a grin she grabbed my wrist from near her throat and grabbed my fist that was in the air and then switched us around quickly so she was on top while she held my arms above my head. "hows that?" She said grinning.

"please, I know you like it when I'm on top" she leaned down to my ear and whispered "i think its hot, but you prefer it when I'm on top" she kissed my cheek and then stood up walking back towards the house. We've finally moved out of kris's house and into the big pack house, the first place that I lived with part of Kate and johns pack. All decorated, different rooms, the basement was cleared and all the important stuff was moved to the big library on the far end of the house.

I sat up and saw that mabel was already by the house heading in "shit" I got another shooting pain through my chest and clutched onto it.

I still haven't been able to shift and addilyn said the possibility of it being mars is a big fat zero since she's dead. Me and mabel have been coming out everyday and sparring for an hour or so I can try to get my strength up a little.

I walked back to the house and went into the kitchen to get a drink standing at the sink was Alycia she moved into the house with kaytlin cause it is a lot better than her small apartment plus she is part of the pack. I don't exactly remember but I'm pretty sure I changed her because she wanted to fight with us and kill John and Kates pack.

"hey kaliana" she said as she put some dishes at the side that she just cleaned "hey, you know you don't need to do that i'll do it" I said walking up beside her and drying some of the dishes.

"no it's fine, I mean me doing this is the least I can do for you letting me live here" I just smile and nodded.

I think she's a bit nervous around me. I mean before she was my gym teacher in school and to her knowledge I was like everyone else. Then only to find out I'm around half of a millennia old and supposedly the only moon goddesses guardian meant to kill and torture to most vile and evil creature.

"you live here because your part of the pack, just like everyone else. A pack is a family, sometimes even more so than blood" we finished doing the dishes and Alycia was about to leave "hey did mabel say anything when she came in? She seemed to head off in a rush after our workout" I asked as I walked with her down the hall.

"she said that she was heading to her house to get the rest of her things to bring over" I thanked Alycia and told her if anyone asked just to say I would be back in a little bit.

I picked up a set of keys to a car that was parked outside and got in and headed to mabels, her car isn't the biggest so Im bringing the pickup truck we bought for the pack just incase anyone needs it. About twenty minutes later I pulled up to mabels house and saw her car wasn't parked outside, maybe she's not here yet. I pulled up and got out and headed into her house, the door was open anyway so I just walked in. She needs to learn to stop doing that because one day she going to get something stolen.

It was so empty now, mabel had a lot of stuff from over the years but everything was still so neat and tidy.

I mean she was still keeping the house it was just most of the things in it were coming to our new home. As I was sitting on the covered couch I heard the back door open and then close I hopped up heading to the back door. "mabel? Why are you coming through the back?" As I began walking toward her I started to feel another small episode come on "fuck" I grabbed my chest feeling my nails dig in and held onto a cabinet that was in the hall. "kal?" Mabel walked through and straight up to me. "whats wrong?" She asked as she hovered beside me but within a minute the pain slowly went away.