Just Go Back To Sleep

Hawks didn't remember going inside, hell, he didn't even remember landing. Did he even land? Or did he fall onto the roof? He wasn't really sure.

The first thing he felt waking up was a sudden wave of pain shooting through his left side. He immediately tried pulling away, but was unable to, his hands and legs tied down.

He felt someone grab onto his face tightly and his eyes shot open to be met with a beautiful turquoise color.

"Good morning." Dabi started down at him, looking Hawks over. He was holding himself over him, holding some sort of rag to his side before Hawks tried to pull away. "No no birdie, stay still." He tried to relax, shivering slightly at the cold air in the room.

"Wasn't even gone for five hours before you came back. What did you even do? I don't have enough shit to keep treating you." He muttered, grimacing slightly when more discharge came out of the wound.

A quick look around told him exactly where he was. His wings were pinned underneath his back onto the wooden floor below. His arms and legs were pulled out, forcing him into a starfish position with an itchy rope tied around his limbs.

"Why, am I tied down?" Hawks muttered, trying to shift a bit to get his wings comfortable. So many things were going through his head, a lot of things that he probably shouldn't be thinking. His thoughts stopped immediately when he felt  the rag slap over his cheek.

"Get your mind out of the gutter." He muttered, glaring up at him before scrubbing at the infected wound harsher.

"Shit, shit, don't do that." Hawks looked up at him again, trying his hardest to jerk away from the cause of his pain. "It hurts!"

"Yeah no shit. It'll hurt worse if you don't let me take care of it." He continued to scrub at the skin. Hawks flapped his wings in panic before he felt Dabi grab onto his wing to keep him from getting them in his face. Hawks froze immediately, still trying to cringe away from him.

"Just, chill." He ordered, warming his hands up and keeping his hold tight. He smirked slightly, watching Hawks squirm on the floor at the heat. Whether from pain or pleasure, Dabi didn't know or care. Either way, Dabi found it enjoyable.

No, no he didn't. Not if he was enjoying it. Hawks was simply his hunting bird, worth less than a parakeet, and at least they made good pets. He didn't need him.

He wasn't one hundred percent sure that was really true, but to hell with it.

He cooled his hands off a bit, keeping them comfortably warm as he went back to his side, shaking his head slightly. He ignored the relaxed sigh that left Hawks lips as he ran his fingers over his wings slowly.

He stopped cleaning up what he could, pulling the rag away before stepping away and looking around the room. He grabbed the first aid kit off the floor, setting it on the other male's chest to hold it while he went to pull out simple disinfecting tools.

"This is going to hurt." He said simply before starting to go after the wound again. Hawks sucked in a quick breath, closing his eyes tightly. Dabi rolled his eyes, starting to play with his wings again.

He didn't want to be thinking about how soft his wings were, or how much he wanted to curl up under one of them and ignore the rest of the world, however it happened anyways.

He continued to keep his hand warm as he continued to treat his side. His feathers puffed out slightly as he continued to thread his fingers in between the feathers.

It didn't take long for him to finish up, but it took longer for him to pull his hand away from his wings. Hawks didn't notice, or at least if he did, he didn't make it obvious.

Dabi started to bandage him up, yawning loudly. He covered his mouth with his sleeve, binding down the bandage.

"You tired?" Hawks asked, looking up at him quietly. Dabi didn't respond, glaring down at him. "You seem to be tired."

He rolled his eyes, moving to straddle his waist.

"Woah, woah what are you doing?" He looked up at Dabi, his eyes wide. Said man rolled his eyes again before laying down on top of him.

"You're right. I'm tired. However, I can't just let you stay awake while I'm asleep. I can't risk you getting out." He muttered, laying his head on his chest. "So, I'm keeping you pinned down. Good luck with escaping."

Perhaps if he wasn't tired, or perhaps if Hawks wasn't tied down, he wouldn't be acting like how he was now. Or maybe he still wouldn't care. The more he thought about it, the more he believed that second opinion.

"I wasn't going to attempt it. I'm smarter than that." He muttered, looking down at the man on his chest. He still couldn't move and he couldn't hide himself. He was completely at the mercy of the man on top of him, but surprisingly he didn't really care.

A part of him wished his arms were untied. He had the urge to run his fingers through his hair, or maybe trace along the path of staples under his eyes, right where he knew he was sensitive.

He wrapped his wings around Dabi, ignoring how uncomfortable it made him. He could feel the heat radiate off of him on his chest and his wings.

It didn't take long for Dabi to fall asleep in that position. He was obviously tired, Hawks knew he hadn't been sleeping when he was here, and he doubted that he even tried when he was gone. There was no way he was comfortable in that position, but Hawks  guessed he just simply was too tired to care.

Of course, it didnt take Hawks long to fall back to sleep either.

***

…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ