To Take It All Back

Thank you Marshmaellows542 for the cover art!

I cannot thank you enough, it looks fucking amazing!

***

"Toga?" Dabi couldn't see the blonde anywhere. She had ran out about an hour ago, but he couldn't find her. He knew he shouldn't have let her out of their little hideout. If she wasn't unstable before, she definitely was now.

"Toga, I fucking swear to God get your ass back in here." Shit! Where the fuck even is she? What if I lost her? Shit! He could feel his heart start to race as he looked outside one last time.

Toga was all he had left now. After Hawks had screwed everything up by killing twice, Shiga put up one hell of a fight. He was determined, and his fighting showed it. Yet, he still ended up failing, and failing hard. If Dabi had to guess, he would say he was probably somewhere locked underground, somewhere where he would never see the light of day again.

Spinner and Mr. Compress were caught too, and Dabi and Toga were so close. Mr. Compress had caught Toga in the middle of the battle and gave the marble to Dabi, telling him to run as far as he could in ten minutes. By then, he would release her, no matter where they were at the time.

If it wasn't for him, they would be locked up too.

Toga has seemed broken ever since. She would sit on the mattress that Dabi had dragged in and only move from it to use the bathroom. Dabi would put food on the bed infront of her and it would be gone by the time he picked the plate back up.

He had always complained about how loud she was, how horrible being around the league was, but he would take it all back in a heartbeat if he could.

"God damnit." He hissed, pulling his jacket over himself. I can't loose her too. Without another glance inside, Dabi ventured up the stairs outside into the night. He had to find her, he just had to. She was all he had left of his little family.

He knew who's fault this was. Sure, he may not have directly caused Toga to run off into the unknown, but if he didn't exist, she would most likely still be with him.

And so would Shiga and Spinner and Compress and Kurogiri.

And Twice.

Dabi knew it was his fault too, that it was his fault for letting him get too close. He had the hero under his thumb so many times, vulnerable. He could've prevented all of it, and yet he didn't. Why?

Because Dabi was the one who initiated any contact between the two that wasn't strictly business. He didn't want to admit it, but the hero was so enchanting. So, one day, he simply followed him back to the apartment with the intention of fucking around until he was asked to leave. Yet only five minutes later, the two were locked in the bedroom with the hero pinned under him.

He still wasn't sure if he regretted it or not, and he hated himself for it.

As he ventured outside for the first time in a week, he noticed how the stars were way more visible out here then they were at the bar. Normally, he would look out of the little window they had into the night sky. He liked to look at the stars, but now it felt like they were taunting him.

He really needed to get Toga back, and quick.

Dabi looked back to the basement they used as a home. It was the basement of this old apartment building. No one ever used the building, let alone the basement. It looked like it would fall over if hit with a strong gust of wind. However, the basement was fine, big enough for two to live in, and safe enough from the elements outside.

Inside they only had one mattress sitting in the corner of the room. Toga would spend her entire day there, staring at the wall and making leisurely conversation with him about what they were going to eat that day. So, Dabi did what he saw as the responsible thing and slept on the floor instead of on a mattress with a teenaged girl. Even if he did see her as a sister.

They had enough food to survive, but they (well, Dabi did) had to go out every once in a while to get supplies. Dabi was usually able to whip something up for dinner. Both of them had started to loose weight, Toga more so than Dabi. She was already tiny, but it didn't help that she wouldn't eat nearly as much since Twice died. And so, Dabi would give her more, making sure she would eat.

If she didn't come back, who was going to stop her from starving herself again?

With that thought, Dabi sped up his pace, determined to find her. He needed to find her, for both of their sakes.

Turning down a dark street, he was almost immediately cut from his thoughts as he ran into someone. He couldn't see their face, they were wearing a mask that covered their lower face. That wasn't important.

Dabi pushed the person against the wall, hearing a small huff from the person as their back collided with the wall. He noticed the person had a bag, a bag that probably had something valuable inside.

"Give me the bag." He demanded, one arm pressed against the stranger's chest. The stranger didn't answer verbally, instead shaking their head no. Dabi held up one hand, igniting a small flame.

The stranger's violet eyes widened, staring down at the flame. They had an extremely feminine face and figure, but then again, Dabi didn't give a shit.

"Bag, now." He growled, pushing them back a bit more. The stranger, who he was sure was female, dropped the bag. Dabi pushed them aside, scooping the bag up before shuffling through it.

A cellphone, a wallet, ID, sanitizing wipes, but then there was something else.

At the bottom of the bag was another smaller bag filled with some sort of capsule thingies. Dabi glared back at the woman who was still on the ground. He held up the capsule bag to the woman with a questioning look.

"What is this?" The woman didn't answer immediately, stumbling over her words as she pushed herself away.

"It, it's supposed to reverse, to reverse the, um, the quirk drug. I, I was going to use it." She didn't look at Dabi, staring down at the ground. "To, to get my quirk back, please, please give it back. It wouldn't do much for you anyway, unless, unless your quirk is damaged somehow." Dabi chuckled, opening the bag before pulling out one of the capsules.

In the dim light, he could see the dull blue liquid slush around in the capsule. He sealed the bag back up, putting it in his pocket before throwing the capsule in his hand at the woman. She barely was able to catch it before holding it to her chest. Dabi could've sworn that he could see the woman tear up when she had the capsule in her hands.

She was probably right. Dabi had no use for the drug. But who knows, maybe he can pawn it off to some other person who was targeted. More money.

He left the phone, ID and wallet in her bag, taking out all of the money inside. He also took the sanitary wipes, knowing they could be useful. He dropped the bag on the ground, waving the woman off as he continued down the alley. He couldn't hear her at all after that.

He still didn't care.

He had to go find what was left of his family.

***

Sorry it took so long for an update for any of my stories.

This one specifically is going to be slow until I finish Flowers For An Old Friend.

That one's almost over.

Then I'll just be writing this and Love For Unkind Souls.

Until then, updates will be slow.

Anyways, love y'all.

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈