The Figure In The Dark

Few days later

Hawks was so close to snapping at this point. He wasn't sure what exactly he would do, if he would yell or cry or what, but he was so close.

He hated how many people would look at him with pity. He knew he didn't deserve pity. Then why do people keep looking at him that way?

He wasn't even doing anything. KFC was calling his name, and he hadn't left his apartment in what felt like forever. So, why not?

He couldn't imagine how he looked right now, some twenty three year old man in a hoodie with the hood pulled up over his head walking down the street while eating chicken from a KFC bucket he had held to his chest. He started to notice how many weird looks people had given him, like he was some sort of wild animal.

At least they were better than the pitiful ones.

Hawks didn't really know where he was going at this point. He had passed his apartment complex ages ago. Besides, if he went back in, who knows when he would come back out again? Right now, it was just nice to be outside.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and was tempted to just let it ring. Deciding against that idea since the last time he ignored it he ended up with a pissed off Endeavor standing concerned at his door.

He didn't look at the ID when he answered, instead just tapping the button to answer the phone.

"Hawks speaking."

"Hey, I just wanted to check in on how you were doing. I haven't been able to talk to you since the hospital." He felt a small smile tug on his lips as he recognized the voice on the other line.

"Oh, Tsukuyomi, nice to hear from ya." The blond said with a somewhat cheery voice. He really did enjoy the boy interning at his agency. He gave him his personal number when he had went to check on the hero in the hospital. This kid was going places, and Hawks had the intent to support him every step of the way.

"I'm doing okay. I mean, I'm alive. I won't be doing hero work or anything any time soon." He chuckled softly, shifting his hold on his KFC bucket.

The line was quiet for a second before Tokoyami did answer.

"I apologise for not arriving sooner. I wish we could have-"

"No, no don't blame yourself." Hawks couldn't hear pity in his voice. No, he was just being apologetic. "Without you, I wouldn't be able to do anything right now, you know that? You saved me, and for that I am grateful."

The line went quiet again. Hawks could hear whispers on the other side, but couldn't pick it out. Finally, he answered.

"I have to let you go. I'm apparently getting dragged out to socialize."

"Ah, got it. Well, thanks for checking in on me, and everything else. You're my hero." Hawks chuckled as Tokoyami immediately hung up the phone.

Bird Kid 🦆

yo what the hell?

Should you be texting that to a kid?

ive said worse in front of you before

True.

besides its not like im a teacher or
anything

legally i can say whatever the duck i want
infront of you

answer the question