Fly Bitch, Fly

Hawks didn't know how long he had been there. He wasn't allowed to leave, not like Dabi was actively trying to stop him. The door was left unlocked whenever he went away, but Hawks didn't dare try to venture outside. For all he knew, that enough could set Dabi off.

He barley left the bed at all. He would walk around the room every once in a while, flapping his wings slightly. Despite how different they were from his normal wings, they were still beautiful. The darkened feathers blending together in such a way, and there were soft too.

Hawks could hear the door open and jumped. Immediately, his wings wrapped around himself slightly. He didn't have any clue what he was going to do or going to say.  Maybe he had a clue of where Toga was, or how to use him to his advantage.

"Hey pigeon, stand up." He ordered, not looking up. Hawks didn't move, looking at him between the spaces of his feathers. Dabi looked at him when he didn't move, frowning slightly. "I said, stand up. I'm not going to hurt you."

Hawks didn't break eye contact as he did as he was told. He didn't like being told what to do like that, being treated like an animal. He didn't have a choice now though. If he didn't do what he was told, who knows what would happen. He didn't even know what he would do to him as soon as all of this was done. Would Dabi kill him? Probably, and if not him than probably anyone else in the league. Maybe Toga would kill him, but if she did, he wouldn't really blame her.

Or maybe they wouldn't, and he would be freed, but that one's a very small chance. Most likely not possible. Maybe they would keep him alive just like how Dabi was now and use him like a hunting bird. Torture, left to starve, neglected, none of those odds looked good. Hawks just hoped that Toga would go ahead and kill him as soon as she was found.

Dabi glared at him still by the door. He huffed slightly, gesturing him to come closer with his hand. Again, Hawks did as was ordered without a word. He stood a foot or so away from him, keeping his chest puffed out slightly. If he was going to be treated like a falconry Hawk, he wasn't going to follow blindly.

"Just, come on." Dabi opened the door before grabbing a hold of Hawks's arm. He pulled him out of the basement, leading Hawks into another smaller room that he immediately identified as a stairwell. Across from the door they had just went through was another a door that Hawks guessed lead outside.

"Be careful, one of these stairs nearly gave out earlier." The raven haired male muttered before looking back at him. "But that won't be a problem for you, now would it bird boy?" Hawks didn't answer, his wings twitching slightly. He didn't know how well these wings could fly, or if they could at all. For all he knew, they could be as good as a pair of wire and fabric wings young kids would get. They were definitely lighter than his wings from birth.

Dabi let go of his arm, starting up the stairs. Hawks followed, his wings subconsciously opening up as he looked down at the stairs. Some of them creaked, but not once did he fall through. Honestly, he wished that one of them would snap and send him falling into the darkness underneath the stairs.

They got to the top of the building, or what was left of it. Hawks could see for miles at that height. He itched to be back in the air.

"Last I talked to her, she said she was wanting to say hi to a few 'friends'." Dabi muttered, putting his hands into the pockets in his old jacket. "That leaves UA, wherever they took the league, or wherever she used to live before all of this shit. I don't have a good idea of where that is, but you're smart enough."

Hawks tilted his head a bit, his heart racing. He could fly away, never come back. But he knew he couldn't even attempt that.

"Dabi, I don't know if I can fly with-"

"Of course you can bird brain. You have wings, just flap them or whatever you do. Fly, shoo." He started to wave his arms at him, shooing him away. Hawks kept his wings open to make himself look bigger while shooting him a glare. Without warning, Dabi grabbed a hold of his arm again before pulling him to the edge of the building.

"What the hell!" Hawks pulled back, but still didn't get away. Dabi stood at the edge, trying to pull him closer.

"Isn't this normally how birds learn to fly? They just need a little push." He grinned. Hawks immediately grabbed onto Dabi's arm with no intention to let go. He never feared falling out of the sky, or heights, or really anything that he could easily fly away from. But now, months after he had been in the air, that was all he could think about. His wings were now artificial for all he knew. As soon as he took off, they could melt right off his back and send him falling down to his death.

"Don't you fucking dare." He growled, digging his nails into the jacket. Suddenly Dabi let go of him, pulling his arm away before holding it to his chest.

"Holy shit!" Dabi hissed, looking over his arm. He rolled his sleeve up, revealing small slashes into the scarred skin. It took a second for it to click in his head what he had done. His nails had sharped under stress, stabbing into his arm unconsciously.

He found himself get pulled back towards the edge. Dabi's hand was wrapped around his wrist tightly, careful to not get attacked again.

"Fly." He muttered, pushing him over with one hand before letting go. However, Hawks immediately latched onto him, pulling him over with him.

As he fell, Hawks instinctively opened his wings wide. For a few seconds, he thought he was still falling, but his wings were able to keep him from falling. He looked down, seeing Dabi holding onto him tightly to keep from falling down onto the ground. His legs were wrapped around his waist and kept his face hidden in his chest.

He knew just how easily he could get back at him. Continuing to fly around with him latched onto his front, maybe make him fall the who even knows how far to the ground. He thought about it, but he knew he couldn't. He landed back on the building, Dabi immediately pushing away from him.

"What the fuck?" He muttered, standing back up. He stuffed his hands into his pockets. He immediately brushed it all off as if it didn't happen, looking back at Hawks.

"UA, League, you can figure something out." He glared at him, staring directly into his golden eyes. "Bring her here as soon as you check, if you can't find her by sunset tomorrow, come back here. And remember what happens if you send someone here."

Hawks nodded, opening his wings again. He didn't wait for him to say anything else before he took off. He got the gist of it, find he girl wherever she could be, don't tell anyone about the wings or the girl or else the entire city goes bye bye. Simple enough.

He planned on getting to that, but first, he was going to take a shower.

***

That ended abruptly.

I'm sorry it took so long, it wasn't supposed to.

I love y'all

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈