Bandages

In the air, he felt free. Especially after god knows how long crouched in a corner on an old mattress. The cold midnight air made him feel refreshed, and as he flew through the sky, it was as if he was on top of the world.

It wouldn't take long to hit all the hotspots he was told about, but he had other plans.

First off, he smelled like death.

Second off, he needed to try and let someone know that something was off.

His wings would be a big clue, as well as his eye. The real question was who would he talk to? He didn't have his phone, Dabi took it and destroyed it before he had left. Hawks had no way to contact anyone.

Not too long after he had originally took to the sky, he landed swiftly on his balcony. He didn't have his keys, but that was fine. He could just pick the lock anyway. So, he attempted to force his nails to sharpen at will.

When that didn't work, he simply broke the glass. Not like he couldn't afford to get it fixed.

Hawks couldn't see anything in the room, not even when he tried to hit the lights. They wouldn't turn on. He could hear them buzz for a second before completely buzzing out. He didn't have his phone either, so he couldn't use that light.

Lucky him.

He muttered curses under his breath as he went to the closet. He yanked out a loose fitting shirt and a pair of boxers before heading back to the bathroom. He was already in a horrible mood, and he never really liked not being able to see anyways. It always freaked him out whenever he had to do something, and he was never able to grow out of it. Hell, he loved the dark, but it sucked when he had something to do.

He left the bathroom door wide open, allowing some light from the busy city outside. Quickly stripping out of the hood he had been stuck in, he let his wings stretch out behind him. He sighed softly before his lips tugged up into a small smile. Even if it was just for a day or two, he was still free.

Well, free wasn't really the way to put it.

His smile disappeared, leaving him in almost no time at all. He was suddenly aware of how itchy his skin was. How long was he in that fucking room?

As he continued to strip, he froze once his hands went over the bandages on his stomach. Dabi had changed them only once while he was there, and there was a weird color on them now. He never let him see what the wound even looked like.

Slowly, he started to peal the cloth off of his skin.

Almost immediately a foul stench filled his nose. He gagged slightly, covering his mouth as he looked down at his stomach. One side was completely fine. It didn't look good, but it wasn't infected. It's twin on the other hand...

He didn't dare touch it, immediately looking away from it. He had no intention of ignoring it, but he needed to clean it out. Easiest way would be in the shower.

He turned on the water, using his wing to test the temperature. It was starting to get a bit warm, so he slowly stepped into the tub. Hawks hissed slightly once his side got into the water.

The skin around the wound was red and tender, screaming out as soon as the water touched it. 

"Fucking, hell." Hawks tried to ignore the pain, starting to wash out his hair. He felt the discharge that shouldn't have been there start to leak out of the wound, causing his wings to shake a bit.

"Dabi I fucking swear to god." He knew he must had known about it. He had seen it, that had to have been why he had made him look away. He screwed his eyes shut, continuing to wash his hair.