Mesmerize; Part 2.3

Hermione stripped from her clothes and entered her en suite bathroom. She grimaced when she saw how she looked in the mirror. The makeup which Ginny had put on her was all smudged. Her hair was a mess and she hurriedly removed the pins which held her chignon (how was she able to sleep with all of that in her hair?!). She ran a hand through her curls and watched as they framed her face.

She turned to the large tub and thought that yes, moving here was a great idea. It was perched right in front of a large window overlooking the London skyline. She was assured that the window was one-way - no one from outside would be able to see in. That didn't stop her from casting her own charms over it though to guarantee her privacy. The master bath was one of the main selling points of her new flat. Hermione loved taking long soaks while reading a good book and watching over the city. She loved living in London - in the Muggle part, that is. It gave her the privacy and normalcy she wouldn't get if she lived in the magical community by Diagon Alley. It was also close enough to the magical part of London that she could get to and from her work quite easily.

She filled the tub and used some of her favourite bath salts. She tested the water before stepping over the edge and sinking into the warm water. For the next half hour, Hermione lost herself in her bath.

She emerged from the bathroom in a terry cloth robe and her wet hair twisted in a towel above her head. She smiled when she heard rummaging in the kitchen and the sound of the television which meant that Harry was keeping true to his promise. Already she felt loads better after the bath, although her memories from last night were still quite hazy. She had to give Megan a call later - she knew the pregnant witch would be the only one who would have her wits about today since she had no drinks last night.

Hermione tiptoed around the boxes in her bedroom and stood in front of her dresser. She grabbed a vial of moisturizer and rubbed some on her face, looking at the large mirror perched atop the table to make sure every inch was covered. She grabbed a larger bottle and scooped some of the liquid to rub on her body. She lost her robe and started with her arms and moved downwards, moisturizing her chest, stomach, and legs. She scooped another handful and twisted her torso slightly to moisturize her back, too.

She screamed when, through the mirror, she saw the tattoo of the Golden Snitch at the back of her right shoulder.

She heard a crash in the kitchen, followed by feet pounding on her hardwood floor. Her bedroom door flew open and Harry Potter ran inside looking frantic with his wand raised.

"What's wrong?!" Harry yelled.

She swiveled on her spot, eyes wide. She was like a deer caught in headlights. Her lips were parted in a silent gasp. Her chest was heaving from surprise. For a brief second they stared at each other, stunned. It was only when Harry realized he was staring at her naked body did he immediately turn around and walk out of her bedroom.

When her door was closed again, Hermione silently sat at the edge of her bed. The events of last night were starting to clear in her head.

Ginny was so dead.