Chapter 2 - Confrontation

I crept through the halls of the ship on my way to the control room; I had already set the bombs in the weapon's chamber.

There had only been four guards there, which was surprising because I expected there to be additional ones on a weapons ship. To take them down was a piece of cake though, so I'm not gonna complain.

I came across one guard in front of the door leading to my objective.

I hid behind a corner and took out my combat knife, spinning it between my fingers before jumping out from behind the wall and silently taking him down.

(I thought of this scene of Bucky while writing that, so here you go.)

I put my knife back and pulled my katanas out of my back holster as I kicked down the door to the control room, only to be greeted by emptiness.

I slightly furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and cautiously walked into the room with one of my swords in front of me and the other behind.

I slid one of my katanas back into its holster as I checked the timer in my pocket, and it read I only had 4 minutes left.

This is gonna be tricky.

Once I had double-checked and cleared the room, I slid my other katana behind my back and wasted no time plugging in the data stick.

My hands flew across the keyboard, hacking into their system, and after a couple of moments, I got it to start uploading.

Almost immediately though, a group of about five SHIELD guards burst into the room and surrounded me from behind while keeping their guns and eyes locked on me.

"Put your hands up!" One yelled.

"Do it now!" Another said in a deep voice, probably trying to intimidate me.

I quickly pulled out my handy knife again from my thigh holster, sending it flying at one of the guards.

Before the others had time to react, I started to engage them in a fight.

I punched one hard in the face three times, sending them to the ground before jumping up, grabbing onto a pipe exposed on the ceiling and kicking one hard in the stomach with both my feet as I hung from the ceiling.

The other two started showering bullets directed at my head, but I jumped down and held my forearms up side by side in front of my face just in time, and the vibranium guards made them ricochet off.

Because we were in such close range, one bullet managed to ricochet off my wrists right back at one of the men, and they fell to the floor.

I kept one of my wrists up as I flipped towards the man still firing at me.

I grabbed ahold of his large gun before pulling it back to gain momentum and then viciously slamming it into his face, sending him to the floor as well.

I heard the man who I kicked in the stomach earlier rise to his feet, but without even turning around, I fired the gun I still held behind me and was met with silence as I tossed the firearm to the ground beside me and brushed my hair out of my face.

I looked at my timer again, and it read two minutes and thirty seconds.

I anxiously tapped my foot on the ground and watched as the percentage uploaded slowly increased. It was now at 87%, but it seemed to be slowing.

I growled in frustration and crossed my arms.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the handle of my knife and leaned over to pick it up. I cleaned it off before putting it back in my thigh holster.

91%

The time was ticking down, and I still had to get off the ship before it was blown to bits.

95%

I rechecked my timer, and it read 1 minute and 30 seconds left.

97%

1 minute 10 seconds left. I felt a bead of sweat start to form on my forehead.

99%

40 seconds left.

I was so tempted to pull the data stick and hand HYDRA the 99% of the information I gathered, but that would not satisfy them; at all.

100%

Finally, and with 25 seconds left.

I instantly unplugged the stick and sprinted through the halls of the ship.

The boat was now basically at it's dock, so I wouldn't have far to jump, at least.

I reached the railing of the boat and jumped over it, landing on the dock below in a summersault but immediately standing up again.

I took off running as fast as my small but mighty legs could carry me, when I heard the deafening explosion behind me.