The Girl In The Valley

Lord Archibald Craven traveling back on his way from London to Misselthwaite Manor has to journey through Thwaite Village in Yorkshire, England and he sees the most beautiful young woman tending her garden.

The journey is long and Lord Archibald Craven asks his coach man to stop so that he can stop and stretch his legs.

The coach man stops his coach and Mr. Pritchard helps Lord Craven out of his coach.

Lord Craven walks over to where Lady Lily is tending her garden and asks " May I sit on this rock Milady. I have traveled far and long."

Lady Lily looks up from tending her garden and she answers " My Lord be free to rest on my father's property. He won't mind."

Lord Archibald Craven looks at Lady Lily and he asks her name and she answers '" I am Lady Lily Lennox."

" Milady I am Lord Archibald Craven of Misselthwaite Manor in Yorkshire, England." Lord Archibald tells her.

Misselthwaite Manor in Yorkshire, England.

Lady Lily explains " Lord Craven. My father is a carpenter by trade and my mother is a seamstress. "

Lady Lily in the garden at Misselthwaite Manor visiting the garden

Lord Archibald Craven wasn't considered handsome and he had a minor physical defect that made him look like a hunch back but Lady Lily saw something in his eyes and when he asked her to marry him she didn't hesitate and she replied '' I will be happy to marry you."

" I am a simple Christian girl from a working class family." Lady Lily tells him.

" I am happy to marry as I will soon be 19 years old and my older brother Colonel Albert Lennox is marrying Lady Rose McAllister." Lady Lily explains.

Lady Lily Lennox marries Lord Archibald Craven in June of 1898 and with HRH Queen Victoria in attendance and she blesses their union.

Lord Archibald Craven and Lady Lily Lennox happy marriage is short lived and in Tragedy strikes in October 1900 when Lady Lily that is expecting their first child falls out of a tree and the falls brings on premature labor and delivery of their child.

The labor and delivery is long and hard on Lady Lily and after 18 hours she delivers a baby boy that they name Lord Colin Craven and Lady Lily clings on to life long enough to hold her baby son for two days.

On the third day perpetual fever sets in and Dr. Craven does his best to save Lady Lily but the fever rages and in the end she dies.

Lord Craven can't stand to Look at his infant son Lord Colin less alone go out into their garden that he orders locked up and he curses God for taking Lady Lily from him.

Lady Lily sings from beyond

How Could I Ever Know.

Lady Lily asks Lord Archibald to find a new way love her now that she is departed.

Lord Archibald Craven travels to Paris, France and he has a dream and in the dream Lady Lily tells Lord Archibald to return to Misselthwaite Manor.

When Lord Archibald Craven returns he sees his son Lord Colin Craven playing out in the garden with his cousin Lady Mary Lennox.

Lord Colin is strong and recovered and father and son are United with the help of 11 year old Lady Mary.