Summer of 1925

Lord Colin and his wife, Lady Mary already had one child,  Lord Matthew Colin Craven born in March of 1921.  

Lord Matthew Colin Craven had become the apple of his father's and mother's eye. They had vowed not to do to their children what their parents had done to them and that was neglect them. 

Lord Archibald didn't intentionally neglect Lord Colin, but when Lady Lilias died in 1900 it left Lord Archibald devastated and he had a hard time moving forward after Lady Lilias death.

Now on the other hand, Lady Rose Lennox and her husband, Colonel Albert Lennox did intentionally neglect Lady Mary when she was born.  

Lady Rose didn't find Lady Mary pretty enough, so therefore she left her in care of Ayahs to take care and Colonel Lennox was to busy with his military duties and he would only visit Mary on rare occasions .

Mary grew up knowing that she wasn't wanted and so therefore she just resigned herself to playing by herself and out in a garden she made in India.

Both Lord Colin and Lady Mary watched their first child, Lord Matthew Colin grow into a five year old and he would soon be sent off to kindergarten.

Lady Mary discovered she was once again pregnant with their second child and she hoped it would be a little girl that she could  take out into the garden with her.

Lady Mary could hardly wait to tell Lord Colin that they were expecting their second child in March of 1926 .

Misselthwaite Manor was such a large country manor nestled in the hills of Yorkshire, England and the nearest town was Thwaite Village.

Lady Mary missed London, England and the excited that gave her and she missed her job as a nurse that she gave up when she married Lord Colin Craven.

Lady Mary always considered herself  a very independent  person and she planned to stay that way.

She had paid for her own education and paid for her nurse's training in London, England before Lord Colin Craven had asked her to marry him.

Lady Mary had second thoughts about marrying her first cousin Lord Colin Craven, but he had become so dependent upon her when they were children.

When they were 10 years old they were separated and sent to their perspective schools in London.

Lady Mary was sent to a Young Women's Boarding School and Lord Colin was to a Parochial School for Young men, and even when he was in Parochial School he would write Lady Mary, but he would only receive letters from her telling him about what was going on at her school.

In the course that they were growing up and when Lord Colin was in Oxford University he asked Lady Mary to marry him and when he was on the front he wrote her and asked her to marry him, but she gave him no answer until they met each other in the garden and he asked Mary why she didn't give him an answer.

"I was waiting for you to ask me to marry you out in the garden." Lady Mary exclaims.

"I should have known. Will you marry me Mary Lennox." Lord Colin asks.

"Of course." Lady Mary replies and they were married in 1920.

They hadn't been married for even a year before Lord Matthew Colin Craven was born in March of 1921 and they had decided to wait to have their second child when Lord Colin turned 5 years old.

Lord Matthew would 5 years old three months later after their second child would arrive and in the September he would be entering Kindergarten in Thwaite Village.

The new child would give something for Lady Mary to keep herself busy as there wasn't much to do out at Misselthwaite Manor.

Lady Mary spent a lot of time out in the garden and helped the gardener with the gardening. She would do charitable work at the local Anglican Parish in Thwaite Village, and work with the local women's group visiting the elderly and homebound.