ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟚 • 𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝔽𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪; 𝔸𝕡𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕝𝕪 𝕀'𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕-

Note: Woo! Finally an update and an extra long chapter for you guys bc i love you. Hope you enjoy!

*****

"Y/n, the ride's over, you don't have to hold on so tightly anymore..."

"Yeah, Y/n. Back off."

I kept my eyes squeezed shut as everyone tried to convince me to open them. I let one eyelid crack just the tiniest bit and I realized we were back outside in the bright Florida sun. I let out a deep breath and let go of Jack's poor arm. I averted my gaze from him and scratched the back of my neck as I tried not to die while apologizing.

"Sor-sorry, I just- I- ugh... I hate the dark..." Brielle gently rubbed my arm in an effort to comfort me, but I still felt weird. I brushed off her hand and tried to move on.

"Let's just move onto the next ride. Uh, Bri?"

"Uh, there's the Jungle Cruise, then Splash Mountain- which you don't have to do! It's got dark and heights and I don't think you'd like it..."

God, this is embarrassing. What am I? A child? My parents and older children can't go on the big kid rides because little Y/n is too scared?

I took in a big breath of air and while holding it, decided I would be fine on the rides. I didn't want anyone else to miss out, plus Splash Mountain was Brielle's favorite ride in the whole park. I couldn't let her miss it.

"I can handle it,"

"Really?"

"Yeah," My voice came out as a squeal, but nonetheless, I had made my decision and I was sticking with it, "I'll be fine. Now, let's go..."

*****

The jungle cruise proved itself to actually be pretty fun, despite some assumptions that it would be lame because the animals weren't even going to be real. Our tour guide was young and clearly enjoyed the job, so he was cracking jokes the whole way and the kids around us absolutely adored the scenery and sounds made by all the animals.

Unfortunately for me, it was now time for the ride of my nightmares.

Splash Mountain.

We loaded into the log flume - I next to Jack, for some reason Brielle insisted, Brielle next to Mark, and Luke and Katlyn in the back with each other. As the log floated through the dark tunnels, I flinched and squeezed my eyes shut with every sudden jolt and turn.

As I kept my eyes shut so tightly that tears started to form, I gripped the seat, probably making my knuckles white from the fear. Suddenly, the heat on my fingertips was no longer from my gripping fear, but from someone else's hand on mine.

Jack.

Of course.

"I gotcha, don't you worry," All my fears melted away as I scooted in a little closer and he laced his fingers with mine. We watched the dancing animatronics pass by and kept an eye on the landmark signs leading up to the dreaded drop.

Finally, we were nearing the edge of the rollercoaster. The point where we would plummet sixty feet down into shrubs of plastic spikes and chlorine water. I squeezed Jack's hand, digging my nails into his skin and possibly breaking it. I quietly apologized as I tried to calm my breathing.

3... 2... 1...

As sudden as the drop, I felt my arm being pulled and my body being wrapped in his hold.

The drop didn't matter anymore.

As we fell, I felt a rush of adrenaline course through my veins. But it wasn't the high you get from riding a roller coaster like this one or from smoking something questionable. It felt the same, but it was a completely different kind of drug. I don't wanna say it, it's cheesy. So I'll let you be the judge of what you wanna call it. But no matter what you call it... it was something special.