Chapter Eighteen

Two days had gone by since the nightmare incident. Nothing bad had occurred since then. George counted this as a win.

Honestly, that conversation with Dream had really lifted his mood. It wasn't the laughing that had done it, though that was enjoyable, but rather what Dream said to him that made him go red.

Dream said he was brave.

George! Yes, George!

He looked right at the merman when he said it, and there was no one else there, so he couldn't have possibly been saying it about anyone else!

George had not been expecting that.

He'd always viewed himself as...well, not brave. A bit of a scardey cat. 

So Dream saying that- the very same Dream that was a fucking pirate captain- so badass, saying that he was brave?

Well, it made some confidence surge through George's heart.

He was sitting and fixing the small braids on the side of Dream's head. Every once in a while Dream would mumble out complaints when George would accidentally pull on his hair too hard, but George would roll his eyes and continue his work.

He knew Dream didn't care, anyway.

George was humming a small melody as he did his work.

George glanced down towards Dream's ear and saw his earrings. They glinted slightly in the light. George wondered if it had hurt to get them pierced.

"George?" Dream wondered aloud. George hummed.

"Do you want to meet some more people today?" George paused, moving his hands down to rest on the glass as Dream turned around hurriedly.

"You've already met Sapnap and Tommy, and they were fine! If you can handle Tommy, then you can handle anyone, really." Dream joked, and George contemplated it for a moment.

Meeting Sapnap had gone well. Meeting Tommy had gone well, despite it being a rather odd experience. Maybe, well, maybe he should.

He bit the inside of his cheek, before letting out a little breath.

"Alright, sure."

Dream cheered, doing a happy gesture with his hands, before standing up and walking out of the room quickly to retrieve his friends.

George stared at him as he left with a fond smile.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Dream walked out quickly, ready to find some of his family to meet George.

Ever since Tommy had had an encounter with him, everyone was begging to meet the merman. If Tommy, out of everyone, got the privilege, then why couldn't they? Had been the main source of argument.

Now, Dream didn't want everyone to meet George today. That would be far too much to handle for the poor merman, who was only just getting used to knowing more than one person, and Dream didn't want to push him until he was ready.

He walked out and saw Wilbur, Phil and Ranboo huddled in a small group, chatting, and beamed. They were the perfect people to meet George!

He rushed over, almost tripping over himself in the excitement, and Phil looked at him with a weird look.

"You alright mate?" the elder blonde asked, and Dream nodded quickly.

"Yes! Er, well actually, I'm here to see if you three wanted to meet George today?"