Chapter Thirty-Six

Dream shouted in fear as he moved forward, feet carrying him towards George before he even realised what was going on.

He dropped to his knees, tears streaming down his face as he moved George's body to hold him in his lap.

It was a sorry sight.

Dream put his hand over the merman's wound, trying desperately to push the blood back in, but to no use. He pulled his mask off, throwing it to the side, not caring when it smashed to bits from the force.

Dream held George's face in his hands, wiping the man's tears off his face with his bloodied fingers.

His eyes were fluttered shut, and Dream could not see him breathing.

"George," the blonde whimpered, "George, please wake up." he sobbed, seeing Schlatt move away from the two, but not caring enough to go after him.

"Wake up!" he screamed, tears streaming down his face as he struggled to breathe, shaking George slightly.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up." he wiped his eyes but it did nothing as more tears escaped his eyes.

"Please, Georgie."

Dream felt a hand rest against his back, and he flinched slightly, turning around and seeing the crying face of Sapnap.

"Sapnap- Sapnap please- help me-" Tears streamed down Sapnap's face, and he shook it slightly.

"Dream- he's, he's..."

Terror shot through Dream's heart as he looked at the faltering face of Sapnap.

He shook his head aggressively, blonde waves bouncing slightly.

"No!" he screamed, "No no no no no no no no!" he sobbed, gasping for air as he turned his gaze back down to the one he loved.

His hand, covered in blood, George's blood, pushed the hair that flopped over the brunette's face to the side. 

"George..." Dream whimpered with clenched teeth as he shook.

"No, no, please." his voice cracked as he stared at George with blurry vision.

"Dream..." Sapnap murmured, "please get up..." Dream shook his head as he turned to look at Sapnap.

His eyes drifted over to the side where he saw the rest of his crew. Tommy had collapsed to his knees, clutching onto Wilbur as they cried together. Phil stood over them, a hand on Tommy's back and a mournful look of shock gracing his face.

Fundy, Sam and Ant were stood off to the side, wide eyes with tears as they processed what had just happened. Ranboo and Niki clutched onto each other, the younger boy shaking his head as if he couldn't believe what was going on.

Karl continued to sit on the floor, sobbing and clutching onto his shirt. Dream faintly heard him murmuring "no, please, I've just gotten you back", before he looked in another direction, not wanting to see Karl's tears.

Technoblade, Tubbo and Quackity stood together, all of them upset, despite only knowing George for a little while.

Technoblade kept glancing over to Phil and his brothers, obviously unsure of what he should do, and Dream turned back to George's body. Tears continued to leak from his eyes, dripping onto the dead man's face.

Shuddering breaths escaped the blonde as he bit his lip. He leaned down, kissing his cheek, before gently moving George fully to the floor.

He stood up on shaky legs and glanced around.