PROLOGUE

⋆·˚ ༘ *
ROGUE    ▏
PROLOGUE——the start of a new adventure

⋆·˚ ༘ *▏ROGUE    ▏PROLOGUE——the start of a new adventure

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
⋆. ────────── ⋆·˚ ༘ * ────────── .⋆

          TWO FIGURES WERE WATCHING THE TWIN SUNS RISE ON TATOOINE. Both of them had long cloaks, hiding their features for everyone that walked past—not that there were many people to begin with.

"Does it get easier?" the younger one of the two asked. "Missing those we have lost?"

"In time," the other one said, in a higher voice, indicating that she was a female. "But it will never be gone."

Luke Skywalker looked at his companion. "What are you going to do now?"

Artemis Bryce paused. "I don't know yet."

"You're always welcome to join me," Luke offered. "You can help me find younglings and train them."

"I'm not sure that's my path," Artemis said, letting her green eyes wander towards the village that laid beside them. "It will be someday, though, just not now."

Luke nodded. "I understand."

"I knew you would," Artemis said, looking proudly at the young Jedi besides her. "You'll be a great Jedi, Luke."

"Thanks, Artie."

"I'm off to have a drink," Artemis said. "Take care of yourself, kid."

Luke smiled. "I will."

After giving him a nod, Artemis made her way towards Mos Eisley. She walked through the streets, pulling her hood further over her head. The red head made her way towards the cantina where she had first met Han and Chewie. It seemed so long ago.

Sitting down at the exact place they had, she ordered a drink and looked around. It wasn't very busy, something Artemis was grateful for. She didn't like busy crowds.

"Here you go, love," the waitress said, giving her her drink.

"Thanks," Artemis said, paying her.

Artemis brought the cup to her lips but stopped abruptly when the door swung open again and a bounty hunter came in. This wasn't a normal bounty hunter, though, it was a Mandalorian.

I haven't seen one of them in a long time, Artemis thought, eying him carefully while pulling the hood further over her head.

The Mandalorian walked over to the bar and when he did, Artemis noticed four people getting up from their seats. Her green eyes traveled over them, they were no bounty hunters, she realised. But why were they after the Mandalorian?

Artemis wasn't the only one who had noticed the subtle — or not that subtle — movement. She saw that the Mandalorian, too, had noticed it. His hand went to his blaster as they neared him. They, too, had their hands on their blasters.

The other people, who only seemed to realize now that something was bound to be happening, pulled back and tried to find cover. Artemis, however, didn't move from her spot.

In less than a second, the Mandalorian turned around and shot down the first person. The other three pushed a table towards its side and leaped behind it.

Artemis sighed. It seems that wherever she went, fighting followed. She put her drink back down and observed the fight. The Mandalorian was a pretty good fighter, she noticed as the first person attacked. They didn't stand a chance.

However, Artemis frowned when she saw another person sneak up from behind him. Knowing she couldn't just stand there and watch how he'd shot the Mandalorian in the back — because that's just unfair — she stood up, raising her hand in the process. She used the Force to let him freeze in his steps.

"And what do you think you're doing?" she asked, coldly. "Shooting him in the back? Has your mother thought you nothing of honor?" She slowly made her way towards him. The Mandalorian was already done with the other three and was now watching the scene.

Artemis lowered her hand, letting go of the man. He was rather young, she noticed, and probably wasn't in the business for long. He looked at her, fear written all over his face.

"Keep your honor, kid," Artemis said, sounding a bit nicer now. "It's the only thing that'll keep you sane."

The young man nodded, putting his blaster back in its holster. Artemis nodded at the door and he knew he was dismissed.

Her green eyes followed the man outside before she turned around again and stalked back to her seat, sitting down.

"May I have a seat?" a voice asked and Artemis looked up to see the Mandalorian standing next to her. She nodded and he slid down onto the seat in front of her.

"Thank you for helping," he said, making Artemis look up.

"I'm sure you had it covered," she replied, shrugging.

The Mandalorian nodded and looked down at her hands. She could tell he was wondering how she had done it.

"How did you do it?"

Artemis blinked before reverting her eyes towards the dead men on the ground. "Why were they after you?"

The Mandalorian followed her gaze. "Probably for my beskar," he said, knocking on his armor.

"So, Mandalorian," Artemis began, "do you have a name?"

The Mandalorian looked back at her. "You can call me Mando."

"I'm Rogue," Artemis said, holding out her hand for him to shake it. It wasn't a lie completely. She had given herself the name after making it out of Order 66 alive. Obi-Wan, her former Master, had taken another name, too.

They shook hands and Artemis looked at the place where his eyes were supposed to be.

Little did they know that this would be the start of a friendship full of adventures and maybe something more along the way . . .

Word count: 936

Hello and welcome to the prologue!

I know this was a bit short — but don't worry, all the chapters have more than 2000 words!

I am currently somewhere in episode four of season one and I won't publish chapter one until I have finished that episode. All I can say is that there will be definitely more than eight chapters in season one!

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll see you all in chapter one!

Oh, and do tell me what you're thinking so far :)

Published: 18.02.2021