▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

⌜                          ⌝

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

⌞                          ⌟

          ARTEMIS didn't move as she stopped the speeder in front of the home she had shared with Obi-Wan for almost nineteen years

ARTEMIS didn't move as she stopped the speeder in front of the home she had shared with Obi-Wan for almost nineteen years. She just sat onto it and looked at it, collecting the courage she needed to enter it.

Din shuffled behind her, his hands on her waist. He didn't say anything, though, knowing she needed a moment to herself.

Artemis took a deep breath before sliding off the speeder and making her way towards the front door. Her hand hovered over the handle and after a small hesitating she opened the door.

It was dark inside but she quickly found the light switch. Everything was just as they left it nine years ago.

Artemis' eyes darted through the small room. Seeing it again gave her a sense of deja vu.

Din's hand touched her lower back, indicating that he was there if she needed him.

Artemis came back to her senses and strode over towards the first door — Obi-Wan's bedroom. She opened it and walked in. She sat down on his bed and noticed a small hologram standing onto his nightstand. She picked it up and turned it on.

Artemis' stared right into her own face and that of Obi-Wan. It was taken a couple of months after she had arrived on Tatooine and she actually didn't know he had it.

A tear escaped her eye and Artemis rubbed it off her cheek before turning the hologram off and putting it in her pocket.

He was gone now, she reminded herself. And he was not coming back.

Shaking her head, she stood up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Din had made his way to the room next to her and Artemis leaned against the doorway as she watched him look around.

"I see you already found the way to my bedroom," she said, making him jump up and turn around.

"I — er —" he stammered, but Artemis only smiled.

"It's okay, you didn't know." She then walked in and opened her closet, took the bag that laid onto the bottom and threw it over to her bed. She then proceeded to take some tunics and pants before putting them in the bag.

"You can sit down if you want," Artemis told Din, who was watching her. "I'll be done in a bit."

"That's all right," Din said, sitting down. "Take your time."

Artemis took her spare cloak from out of her closet and put it in her bag before taking the hologram out of her pocket and putting it besides the cloak in her bag.