▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

⌜                       ⌝

CHAPTER FOUR 

⌞                       ⌟

          "I'M heading towards the shower," Artemis informed Din as soon as they were in space

          "I'M heading towards the shower," Artemis informed Din as soon as they were in space. "I'll be back."

He hummed a response and Artemis made her way towards her small bedroom. She grabbed some pants and a tunic before heading towards the small bathroom they shared. She closed the door behind her and pulled off her clothes. Turning on the water, a sigh escaped her lips.

The redhead quickly showered before taking her towel and drying herself off. She pulled on the pants and slipped the tunic over her head. She grabbed the towel and her dirty clothes and made her way back to her room.

When Artemis came back out, she saw the child sitting in his cradle. She could hear the water running indicating that Din was taking a shower. Artemis picked the child up and sat down.

"Now, what's your name?" she quietly asked him. The child held his small hand against her cheek and a name appeared in her mind.

Grogu.

"Hello Grogu," Artemis said quietly, and Grogu's eyes lit up, as if recognizing his own name. "My name is Artemis, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Grogu cooed and snuggled into her, as to give her a hug. Artemis was sure her heart had melted by now as she hugged him back.

The bathroom door opened and out came Din, dressed in pants, tunic and — of course — his helmet. He leaned against the wall, his arms crossed at he watched them.

"Don't get attached to him," he warned her.

Artemis put the Grogu back into his cradle and stood up, facing the Mandalorian. "So you're just going to turn him in? He saved your life!"

Din straightened his back. "I have no choice."

Artemis glared at him. "You always have a choice and as a Jedi, it is my duty to protect him."

"And what about my duty?" Din asked. "My duty to the Guild?"

"I'm sorry," Artemis said, "but if you're going to hand him over, I don't think this will work." She gestured between them.

"What is this even?" Din asked and Artemis could feel his anger and irritation grown. "Friendship? Something else?"

Artemis felt hope rising when he outed the last two words. She looked down and tried to ban his feelings out. Artemis knew that Jedi weren't meant to have partners.