▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

⌜               ⌝

CHAPTER TWENTY 

⌞               ⌟

          THERE were more stormtroopers than Greef had initially told them, Artemis noticed, as the four of them made their way towards the city entrance

THERE were more stormtroopers than Greef had initially told them, Artemis noticed, as the four of them made their way towards the city entrance. A lot more.

Artemis' eyes darted over the main street, observing the stormtroopers. She could feel Din tense up beside her and she quickly gave him a reassuring glance.

"Chain code?" One of the two stormtroopers who were guarding the entrance, said.

"I have a gift for the boss," Greef said, gesturing at the closed cradle, Din and Artemis.

"Chain code?" the stormtrooper asked again.

Greef sighed and took his chain code out. The stormtrooper grabbed it and scanned it.

"I'll give you twenty credits for the helmet," the stormtrooper said, glancing at Din.

"Ha ha," Greef laughed. "Not a change. That's going on my wall."

"On your wall?" Din said softly.

"Go with it," Greef hissed.

"Go ahead," the stormtrooper said, handing back the chain code.

The four of them entered the city and Artemis could feel the stares they were getting.

"You said four," Cara said quietly from Artemis' right side. "There are more than four troopers."

"Four guarding the client," Greef replied. "Many more here in town."

"You failed to mention that," Artemis said dryly.

Greef ignored her and continued, "Things got really heated once Mando and Bryce crashed the safehouse."

"Slip him his blaster," Cara told him, as she subtly gave Artemis hers.

"Not yet," Greef said, shaking his head slightly.

"Here we are," Greef said, once they arrived at the cantina.

The door slid open and they were met by four stormtroopers.

"You see?" Greef said, glancing at Cara. "Four."

The client, who had been sitting down in a booth, stood up and made his way over to them. It was an elder man, but Artemis noticed that he carried himself with dignity.

"Look what I brought you," Greef told the client. "As promised."

The client glanced shortly at him before his eyes darted towards Din.