One-Bullies

"Helloooooo Eli!" I tried to get him to talk at lunch. He talks to me cause we're close and he talks to Demetri, but I like to try and cheer him up.

"Hi y/n" he looks down.

"Is there something wrong?" I sit down next to him.

"No. Nothings wrong. Just Yasmine is looking over here. She's probably making fun of me." He covers his lip.

I move his hand down. "I still think this makes you look badass." I turn to look at the girls. Yasmine, Moon and ugh. Sam Laruso. I stick the middle finger up at them and the all look away.

"Bitch" I whisper under my breath. Eli laughs.

"Hello fellow nerds how has your day been." Demetri sits down next to Eli.

"I'm doing fine. I may or may not have just stuck the middle finger up at Yasmine though." He looks up at me.

"Ugh why! Kyler's gonna be all over us later!" I look at Eli and back at Demetri.

"Look. If someone is going to make fun of a person I care very deeply about, I'm not just gonna sit here and watch." Eli smiles at me.

"Can I sit here?" I look up. Tall, Mexican maybe?

"Yeah sure! I'm y/n this is Eli." I knew he wasn't going to want to introduce himself.

"Hi! I'm Miguel." Demetri waves.

"I'm Demetri. Are you sure you wanna sit here? I mean, as soon as you sit down you'll get made fun of." I slap him from across the table.

"Well you guys seem cool, so I don't really care about that." I smile at him.

"Cool? That is not a word that is used towards us very often. I'm flattered." Demetri is getting on my last nerve.

"Can you shut up? I really don't think he needs to know how much we get made fun of." I look Demetri in the eyes.

"Anyway, what do you guys like to do for fun?" Miguel asked us.

"Well sometimes I practice karate with my dad, I watch a lot of TV, but I hate reading. What about you?" I asked.

I keep looking at Eli. As I said, he doesn't talk much, but sometimes he can zone out and get stuck in his own not so pleasant thoughts.

"I watch some TV, read some comic books, nothing much." I nod.

I go to whisper in Eli's ear. "Are you sure your okay? You haven't said one sentence since Miguel sat down." He looks at me.

"I'm fine, really I promise." I smile at him.

"I like your sweater today. You look cute." I whisper again. He smiled really big.

"Thank you!"

"Do you guys wanna study in the library later? I got a test I haven't done anything for." I asked.

"Yeah sure!" Miguel agreed.

Eli's point of view:
I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda jealous when she was talking to Miguel. I've had a crush on her since the fourth grade.

But obviously she doesn't know that because nobody that looked like THAT would like someone that looked like me. So when she asked me if everything was okay I had to say yes. But then when she added that I looked cute I sorta panicked. I mean what am I supposed to do I went from sitting there jealous cause she was talking to Miguel and then she just called me cute?

Y/n POV
The bell rang and we all went our separate ways. When school was over I texted them to meet me in the library, but I went to Eli's last class to pick him up. It was on my way and he would have gotten bullied walking by himself.

I hate the fact that they do that. Kyler and his weird rich friends decide that because one normal shy kid has a scar he is immediately weird? I always stand up for him but there's nothing much I can do. He always says I'm Eli's "wittle girfwend" and makes fun of me too.

"Eli!" He walks out of his classroom.

"Helloooo y/n!" I smile really big.

"Your in a better mood. What happened?" We started walking.

"I don't know I guess I just get awkward around new people. But I'm comfortable around you." I blushed.

We get to the library and walk inside we sit down at the table that Demetri and Miguel were sitting at.

"Hey!" I said cheerfully.

"Hello." Eli said quietly. I turned. Yay! He said something! I smiled at him and turned back.

We started studying and eventually Demetri started talking. "If you could have any superpower what would you have."

I thought for a second. "Mind control."

"No, invisibility. You could go and do anything by you want and never get caught. A distant second would be super speed. So you could run away fast." He mumbled that last part.

"Run away from who?" Ugh. Here we go. We all got up to get away from Kyler but he grabbed Eli.

"Oh god, what girl would ever kiss those lips?" He laughs.

"Leave him alone Kyler come on!"
He lets go and walks towards me. I step back.

"Awww is his wittle girlfwend protecting him?" He laughs again.

"Can you just back off holy shit! Because someone has a scar you think it's funny to make fun of them? Well it's not. The only people who think it is are you and your stuck up friends! I bet you the only reason their friends with you is because they know if they weren't, they would get made fun of too." I finish and walk out. As we were walking I grabbed Eli's hand. I don't want to lose him.

Eli hugs me. "Thank you." He whispered.

"No problem. I hate seeing them do this to you." I drive them all home since I'm the only one with a car. Everybody gets out until it's just me and Miguel. I drive us both home and we go our separate ways.