Chapter 18

Airin POV

Everything around me was pitch black. My body hurts so much! I can't even move my limbs. I feel like I'm lying against a... puddle? Wait, why is the floor wet? My eyes fluttered open with the image a bit blurred but becoming more clear. 'Wait I know this place-

"Welcome back Airin," A familiar deep voice said. I stood up to look at the Giant Cage in front of me.

"*sigh it's nice to see you too. Why does it every time I come in here I feel excruciating pain? Before it was mild but this time-

"Your body can not contain your chakra." It interrupted my eyes widen at the information as I look at the beast to explain further.

"By the look on your face you want me to explain but I can't at the moment. The only thing I can do is explain your condition." He pointed out. I still kept quiet and waited for him to continue.

"Your chakra flow is fine but the main concern is your body. Your chakra at the moment is raging through your body like a river after rain. The amount of chakra that's been built up has increased and if not treated," he paused making the suspense even more intense. "Your chakra will go out of control and you'll die." My eyes flew even wider as a clenched my fists. I looked at my feet which felt soaked by the water.

"No way," I shot a look at him with a blazing fire in my eyes. I will not let this deter me, I've come so far and done so much. I'm not letting it end like this! "How can I fix this?" I asked and received a chuckle from the beast.

"Of course such things like this will not weaken your fire, You haven't changed at all Airin." My gaze softened as I shook my head at the beast.

"How could I? We've been through a lot," A very BIG Sandy-brown finger that had a long pointy nail reached between the bars and stopped in front of my head.

"Let me fix it then, I'll lend you a hand." I softly smiled at the gesture 'I least I got to see your finger, it's ok I'll see more soon enough.' "It's more like lending a finger but ok!" I leaned forward and pressed my forehead on his finger. I felt chakra entering me than before my mind went blank I caught a soft chuckle from the beast.

'I'll always protect you, Rin.'

Hidden Memory

Authors POV

Little Airin was sitting on top of the Hokage Mountain looking at Konoha. After a while, she decided to walk around and pulled her hood to hide her. 3 months after waking in a tree and finding Konoha she lived remotely as asked by the 3rd Hokage. He had told her that it was dangerous for people to know she existed so she had to hide her surname and herself. He didn't go on further but she understood anyways and started living under the Hokages vision.

Airin always felt alone, she couldn't make friends but today she'll encounter someone she will never forget.

Airin's POV

I was walking through Konoha's woods enjoying the natural sounds of nature. The last 3 months weren't as eventful as I thought. I spent most of my time training, reading, and learning how to write since I didn't get a chance to. It's still hard to believe that my parents are gone, I want to become a great ninja for them and me. 'I vow to protect Konoha's people even if it costs me my life!'

My steps were halted when I heard the giggles and screams of children which I followed in a trance-like state. When I arrived I saw children playing with each other, running, laughing, catching, chasing. I felt myself reach out but I stopped myself when I saw adults come to take their children back home. My eyes were downcast as took a step back, about to leave when I saw a familiar kid with blonde hair looking at his feet, tears at the corner of his eyes. I sudden spark hit my brain as I realized that the boy was Naruto. I would often follow him trying to sum up the courage to befriend him.