Chapter 9

*lets get in to it‼️

Airin's POV

"So team six has made it back. I'm impressed to say the least !" The hokage's voice rang out in the office. We all stood there with our heads held high because we did what is impossible in our generation. We completed our first A-Rank in just a week. I know it's not that great but STILL I'm proud of our achievement.

"Thank you Gramps hokage !"Minoko said giving her best grin. The hokage just nodded giving us a warm smile.

"I see that you've been through a lot so as for good news you'll have the rest of today off but you'll continue D and C-Rank missions tomorrow. I'd advise that Ren goes to the hospital to check his wounds." We nodded our heads and Minoko excitedly dashed out the office. Ren bowed respectfully then left closing the door behind him. I turned my attention to the Hokage. The room all of a sudden got serious with me not breaking good my eyes from his serious gaze.

"Explain to me the person that was following you." He's tone was serious as his hands were intertwined laying his chin on top of them.

"Well at first it was a small chakra that I sensed but then it spiked. I tried following it but as I started to move it also did and got away. I'm pretty sure it has been following us since the beginning of the mission. I also think that it informed the rogues of our location taking Sina- I mean our client away. *sigh the thing I don't get, what was their plan? Did they want to take our client or did they want to evaluate our strength to look for weaknesses?" I said my finger holding my chin. Gramps nodded his eye stroking his white beard.

"We'll need to remain vigilant, keep our guards up. I'll speak to the izumo and kotetsu to se if they've seen anything." He said smiling softly at me. I nodded my head.

"Thank you Gramps hokage." I bowed respectfully and put my hand on the handle only to be stopped by the hokage calling my name. I turned back around to listen.

"Airin tomorrow meet me at the usual training grounds with your team. I would like to discuss something with all of you." When he said that I felt my heart pound. 'Did I do something wrong? Did the Raikage say something about the mission? Please don't tell me it's gonna be about what happened between Ren and Minoko?!' My mind was on full panic but as soon as I saw a grin spread across the old mans face my worries melted away. I nodded my head again and turned around to leave once more but the hokage has called me again.

"Airin you don't need to be tense anymore. Your safe, relax." When he said those words I felt my eyes droop and close immediately. 'I do feel safe, right here, in my home, the leaf village.' As I finished my inner dialogue I was consumed in the dark abyss of my mind.

Hokage's POV

After saying those words to her knowing what they did. Airin's small form fell forward to which she was catched by an anbu. My face quickly turned serious as the anbu turned towards and bowed waiting for his orders.

"I want you to take Airin to her sleeping quarters and bring more anbu with you to guard her then assign another to go to her teammates homes to inform them about the meeting tomorrow. I want some of you to search around the village for any suspicious activity if not report to me. For now Airin is top priority!" I exclaimed intensely.

"Yes Lord Hokage." The anbu bowed once again before disappearing with Airin in his arms. I swiveled my chair around to face the window that over sees the village. I watched as people went by oblivious to the kinds of things that happened around them. What the young Senju had said came back to his mind. His shoulder tense a bit as he hardly stared at the window. 'We can't have enemies take her away. If she gets in the wrong hands who know how'll they'll use her. First of it her limitless supply chakra next is her advance jutsu's. *sigh if she somehow got kidnapped and was used against the five great nations...I have to admit there won't be any left. Especially if she uses her thunder dragon jutsu, which would obliterate everything in its vicinity. I worry for her as well as much as she is not my daughter she has grown up close to my heart just like a certain knucklehead ninja. I just hope the chuunin exams doesn't cause any trouble.' If only I knew how wrong my thoughts could be.

The next day

Airin's POV

My eyes fluttered open as a stream of sun shown on my face making me flinch. I groggily get up to see that I'm in...my room? How did I get here? I can't seem to remember what happened after returning from the cloud. Seriously this again tch! it always happens when I get back from missions. I inhaled a huge breathe to see if i can remember some important information that I might have missed. 'Airin tomorrow meet me at the usual training grounds with your team. I would like to discuss something with all of you.' With this sudden memory gain I sprang off my bed and went to the the bathroom to start my morning routine.

When I was done I ran as quickly as I could to training grounds. As I was running I bumped into people but they couldn't  identify who I was because of how fast I was running. Jumping from building to building until reaching the forest training grounds there waiting under tree is Minoko and Ren. I slow my pace and skid to a stop.

"I'm sorry I'm late guys. I over slept."I laughed nervously rubbing the back of my neck. Minoko shook her head dismissively and smiled.

"It's ok Rin you used up more of your chakra then us, so we understand."I gave her a Curt nod and a smile.

"The Hokage sent an anbu to seek our presence. Do think it's for another mission?" Ren asked as he folded his arms.

"If it is a mission do think it's S rank since an anbu came to get us? My mother was kinda worried when she saw the anbu." The inuzuka girl gave a soft smile to nobody.

"If anything it's not a mission. Gramps wants us to join the ch-" before I could finish I was interrupted by the old man himself who walked forward.

"The chunnin exam." I turned around to face him and bowed. He lifted his hand to say I don't have to do that. I got back up and let him explain to a jumping Minoko.

"OOOOO what is that !! Seems reallly interesting !! Tell us tell us tell us-

"SHUT UP MINOKO!!!!" Both Ren and I exclaimed in unison. A deep chuckle was heard from the hokage as he held an amused face.

"Airin would you explain to them what the chunnin exams are?" I nodded my head and proceeded on telling them.

"The chunnin exams is a bunch of test that genin like me and you go through to get the rank of chunnin. In which we do C and B rank missions but in our case we already started an A rank in which the jounins do."I looked at both the Hyuga and Inuzuka they  seem to understand what was going on.

"Not only that but you'll face off with other villages best. They are tough opponents but I'm sure you'll be just alright." He gave a grin. We all broke out in to smiles and grins.

"Of course gramps we'll make you proud !" Our cheers could be heard from a mile away.

'We won't give up either!!'

___________________________________________________________
Thank you guys for reading this chapter😄

Sorry for not writing guyz my iPad had an update and it kinda took me back to April and in April this book did not exist😔.

But do not fret I have gotten it back and continued writing😙

Vote 🗳
&
Comment

Keep reading🎀
Onward fellow weebs 😝⚔️