Chapter 15

Ren's POV

As I sat down on my seat I glanced at the shinobi next to me. It was a girl from the hidden stone who looked a year older than me but still looked like she had the experience. I glanced around the room to see exactly how my team and I were positioned.  We weren't far from each other so that's ok. My eyes went back to the front looking at the scary tall male named Ibiki.

"Before we get into the first exams for the chuunin exams! There are a few rules you need to follow!" The tension in the air got thick as everyone listened carefully to the proctor.

"All of you will start off with 10 points. The test consists of 10 questions and a point is subtracted to any answer answered incorrectly!" He exclaimed. 'This should be fair enough.' I thought.

"This test is based on team work meaning that passing is determined by adding each teams total score!" I could feel everyone open there eyes in shock as they heard this but of course I wouldn't be worried. 'Minoko and I are capable of getting high score and I'm sure Airin is too, No doubt." I rest my chin on my joined hands as intensely stared forward.

"If anyone is caught cheating! We deduct 2 points for each offence!" Now this where most people were stumped but why's should I worry if I know we're gonna pass these exams.

"Those who lose all points during the exam, get caught cheating or if they fail to answer the questions correctly..." ibiki smirked. " will leave the speak room with their teammates." I felt something off about this exam. I glanced at the Senju girl. 'I'm sure she knows what it is.'

Airin's POV

Im not much of a genius but I know a lot to get me through this exam. So far it seems easy enough but the rules caught me off guard for a moment. I sighed and thought 'I'm more worried about Minoko since she doesn't have a ninken like Kiba who can go underneath tables and give her answers...' As I trailed off an idea popped in my head.
'Why did I think about that sooner! Ok let's focus now.'

While I was strategising the chunins had started handing out the papers. One of them put mine in front of me and waited for the others to get so that we can begin. When everyone got the chuunin stationed themselves so that they are able to catch anyone cheating.

"Alright! You may begin the 1st exam!" The tall man exclaimed. Everyone started diving into the their papers and so did I. When I scanned the paper and it's content I was able to answer 2 Questions which were related to ninja's but I saw that the more you write the harder the questions get. These questions aren't new to me cause I've trained under the Hokage and the Hokage did not train no fool. As I said before I'm not a genius when it comes to writing. But I'll try my best!

My brain told me that they are actually encouraging cheating but not if you get caught! Makes sense! Cause in stealth mission a mistake could be fatal. And I was right a lot of people started cheating but in ways that won't make them get caught. But of course some people were to obvious and the people started dropping.

I was on my last question when I felt someone hovering beside me with a Kunai pointed at my side. I turned my head to see who disturbed my focus. There sat a short boy with spikey dusty blonde hair from the hidden stone. I glared at him knowing that he wanted my answers or I'll die. I sighed to myself before taking my answer and giving him... the doodle I drew of a butterfly. When he looked down on it he was immediately put in a genjutsu! He robotically stood up and started walking out the exam room. The whole room was confused but Minoko, Ren and I. I've told them about the genjutsu, how it worked and how to escape it. I hadn't yet perfected it but I am close! You see, the genjutsu is supposed to take the opponent/enemy to there subconscious so they are in a dream like state. One butterfly will fly out the area the person is and lead them out, take them (kill them) out and or confuse them. It hasn't been perfected it yet cause instead of one butterfly there should be a swarm fluttering around the the said person but since its one butterfly and he it not skilled ninja it will work.