i. | rainier

❝he was beautiful
like the moon so blessed
but he had his phases
some darker than the rest❞

i.
rainier | a heart-shaped yellow cherry with a red blush
__________________

she had never worn white until him. a white pearl necklace, white bodice, white beads adorning it.

his shirt underneath was white, his bow the color of wine. his eyes held his charm, bestowing upon her like a tide.

a beach wedding was never a plan but so was falling in love. or wearing white, or running away from their families.

eloping. she thought she would be hurt but as her friend, ophelia tightened the laces, nearly suffocating her, she realized it was worth it.

despite being suffocated, she felt like she could finally breathe.

she could breathe through felix. he could breathe through her.

walking down the aisle, she saw him. he was what heaven looked like. his scent, his presence, his eyes, all left her intoxicated beyond redemption.

she never stopped smiling, not when they said their vows, not when he kissed her cherry-stained lips.

not when it had been a year of them being married.

not when it stopped reaching her eyes.

❝a faint twinkle in her eye
like splinters of glass
they pierce her slowly
as his they darkness encompass❞

__

This is a really short chapter but i promise the others are going to be longer. I have always wanted to write something like this and so here i am! all chapters will follow the same poetic pattern.

Thoughts?