xii. | coral

❝he's ripping down her dress
she's tearing apart
he's kissing her thighs
she was doomed from the start❞

xii.
coral | low susceptibility to cracking, excellent flavor.
__________________

her mother wanted her to wear the dress she'd worn on her own wedding. but eloping had cut that possibility.

on their first anniversary, she wore her wedding dress and he wore his tux, his pants getting tighter than usual as soon as his gaze met her petite frame.

her innocent, brown eyes remained oblivious to the stretch in the fabric of his husband's lower outfit as she went ahead and gave him a kiss.waves crashing and hearts bowing, the kiss was air. she was stronger then, headstrong and never gave in to him easily. low susceptibility to cracking.

he, on the other hand, tasted divine. she'd wanted more as soon as they're tongues touched, burning embers disguised as butterflies erupted in her stomach, her ovaries going into overdrive.

today, it had been another year, of them being together. they were still together, after two years and naya believed she was happy.

but something had shifted, something had changed the direction of the currents, leading me away from felix. she felt different. and she thought felix realised it, and it made him darker.

his eyebrows scrunched up as he scoffed in disbelief. he doubted her want for him.

i want you. her body screamed but her heart whispered, no, love. something had changed. her heart was betraying her mind, her body and her faith. something had changed.

no, everything had.

today was their two-year anniversary. and felix acted as if nothing had happened. he was smiling and conversing me as usual. if that was what their usual was.

she was cooking lasagna for him in the kitchen, still in her pajamas when felix crept behind her and sucked on a sensitive spot on the crook of her neck. naya gasped as her grip on the ladel loosened for a split second but she curled her fingers tightly around it once again. his hands slipped under the waistband of her beige shorts and caressed the smooth skin on her stomach which had the slight outline of abs now, after a month of being in the pilate classes.

i detached herself from him and swiftly turned around to grab the spices from the top cabinet. my top rose up a little and felix took that as an invitation to grab my waist. he then grabbed her shoulders to turn me towards him and kissed me. "happy two years, naya,"

"you too," i whispered against his lips and turning around towards the kitchen slab without another word. his hands were still on her shoulders, which he now gripped a little too tight. she winced as the loose sweater fell off her shoulder showcasing the gash felix gave her, on accident last week. she sucked in sharp breath through my teeth and gently pried his hands off me, giving him a strained smile so as to not anger him.

angry felix brought me to my knees. oh, if he'd just ask.

she shook her head in negative, knowing he would understand. he would just kiss her and step back and-

he grabbed her thighs and pulled her up as she giggled, telling to him to let go.

he looked serious but she knew felix wouldn't do anything she didn't like. he wouldn't. such was her faith that she kept shaking her head and he kept undressing her, she kept hoping he'd stop and he kept his hands moving all over her frail body.

he wasn't going to stop. felix had lost control.

"i can't do this now, felix. please understand."

she shut her eyes, her pleas drowning in the sea of his kisses, trailing up her thigh, as she lay frozen, unable to move except for shaking her head. "please."

"i want to make sure,"

she shook her head. it didn't feel good, not at all.

"please," her words ended like the sigh at the end of a high note.

it hurt. it was over but the pain remained, the hurt engrained into her head which would never be forgotten.

"i want to make sure, that you only love me."

it would resurface one day, like a wisp of smoke, a long lost memory, a storm.

she hoped he would learn why storms were named after people. but she buried the day into loamy sand, waiting to dig it up at the right time.

he lay on top of her, his weight crushing her under. or was it the weight of what he'd done, what she'd let happen?

"i don't want to shower," he chuckled, his head on her creamy bosom. "even if i stink."

he didn't want to wash her off, wash her off his skin. it had been about an hour but she was trembling.

it was no pleasure. it was the look she gave her father when he took off his belt, the look a deer gave a lioness before getting eaten up-the look a prey gives its predator.

it was fear. and she was trembling. again.

❝he's devouring her soul
like pieces of flesh and bone
he's kissing her core
now he can't atone❞
____________

a/n:
i don't know what to say...but i'm really sorry if any of you have ever had to deal with anything like that. i'm always here if you want to talk. always.

stay strong. you deserve the world.

#stopdomesticeabuse2021