iv. | utah

❝a mouth full of
white lies
and a heart that
believed them ❞

iv.
utah | a late blooming cherry tree, dark, crimson and juicy
_______________________

Felix was an enigma.

he had eyes like midnight and lips like the onset of dawn, that made me fall for him.

and i was still falling.

i wanted to explore the sea when i was younger, i saw that depth in his eyes. he brought my coffee to bed to wake me today, it's soft scent kissing me awake and i saw it after a long time, that depth.

Felix had that devilish grin when he knew something i didn't.

his eyes held hellish fire, his gaze burning me as it roamed over my body. but then they'd turn to ice, so cold, sending chills to the bone.

Felix was an enigma.

watching morning dew slide down leaves was my favourite past time earlier during the day and his, watching me. he was watching me today too. with that grin.

like he knew something i didn't.

"Were you going to join Pilate classes without telling me?"

i wanted to tell him, i really did. but then there wouldn't be any element of surprise. today he didn't have work, so when i was standing by the counter, cooking for him. he hugged me from me behind.

he loved doing that to me. i did too. that was when his hand crept under my shirt, teasingly poking the light layer of skin deposited on my stomach.

i needed to join pilate classes. "Oh, Lix, i was going to tell you. Look at this," i pointed to my stomach, giggling. he just smiled at me and went back to text on his phone, taking a seat opposite me on the chair placed in the balcony.

"i like you either ways," he said, crouching forward to kiss my cheek.

my heart throbbed, the dull ache that came along with being loved so deep, being loved so hard.

being loved so right.

the next day, his shirt was crushed, his face was scrunched up, his hair messy. he also sported a black eye. he reeked of liquor.

this was the first time i had seen him hurt.

"Hey, you okay?" i asked, nineteen and naive.

that was the first time i had seen him hurt-

he let out a growl and then his hands were on my hair, yanking hard and throwing me, in no time. i was panting against the bedside, clutching my head in no time.

in no time a thought crossed my mind. a single thought before i my world went incarnadine.

my soul was crying.

-and the first time he hurt me.

there was always a price to be paid when you love someone, and a price you have to pay when you are loved back.

"i like you either ways," were his words.

either ways, he said. either ways, he lied.

❝he shatters the lamp
her head soaked in red
he's kissing her chest
her heartbeat's long dead❞
_______________________

a/n: please tap the star and vote : )
ps. yes, all the things within the quotation marks are written by me.