ii. | chelan

❝he's grabbing her wrist
she's writhing in pain
he's kissing her lips
she holds on again❞

ii.
chelan | these cherries mature early and are resistant to cracking
__________________

naya-

he was the world-the harsh sound of traffic, the sweet scent of summer, the chirping of birds, the knife that dangled in my hands and slipped to land on my wrist.

he held my hand and caressed it. he grabbed my wrist gently and blowed on it to ease the pain, hushing me softly into sweet silence.

it worked then. but i got more stubborn with the wilting of the roses in our garden, with time.

"Hush, little Naya."

the accidental slipping of kitchen equipment wasn't an accident anymore.

his touch wasn't gentle anymore. he'd yank my wrist when i'd shield my face to protect myself from the things my heaven would say to me.

was heaven supposed to curse? could sinners hold a place in heaven?

he answered me by pressing his lips on mine, slow, soft-

-gentle.

i thought i was strong. i thought his words couldn't break me.

his love couldn't repair me.

but he did. he broke me, then put me all together, sealing his love with a kiss.

"i love you." his voice was the adhesive that kept me together.

those were also the things that tore me apart.

he was vile and then he was kind, he'd snap but then leave starry trails of butterfly kisses all over my body.

i loved him more than i loved breathing, and he loved me more than i loved myself.

"I'll get you the moon, Naya." he'd say, on nights i wandered to the balcony, searching for myself in the craters of the moon. the moon was full that day, so was he. that was his best phase.

i thought i was resistant to hurt. how naive had i been. nineteen and in love.

nineteen and wearing white. twenty but wearing black.

we would go strong for a while after he would have professed his love for me, again and again.

He would then get busy with me, stealing glances, hushed secrets and neck kisses for the days to come.

good days never lasted.

he would hurt me but he'd apologize kissing my tears away then smirking at me while unbuttoning his shirt.

i would blush and he would envelope me from behind, his hot breath falling on my bare shoulder like dewdrops falling onto a leaf.

the sensitive leaf shakes and the dewdrop slides down, onto the next leaf.

i never thought he would slide on from me, leaving my sensitive leaf-like heart, tattered behind.

❝he's pulling her in
his loveless gaze
he's kissing her tears
setting her soul ablaze❞

____

damn, i suck at this omg.

thoughts?