21 Summer (Tom Holland)

Pairing: Tom Holland x song writer!reader

Type: Angst

Warnings: Sad stuff

Word Count: 2266

Summary: The reader is a famous songwriter for popular country artists in Nashville. When Brothers Osborne come to them about a new song, they know exactly who they're writing it about.

Key: italics = flashback

~~~~

Mornings in Nashville were always pleasant. Everybody you passed on your morning walk smiled and waved. Some even stopped to ask you about work. The people in your neighborhood knew what you did for a living. They, for the most part, kept their noses out of all the visitors you get to your large plot of farmland set back from the main road. Occasionally someone's dog will 'accidentally' escape down your driveway, but your clients are always polite about it.

For a long while things were nice. Your boyfriend would come into town and stop by for a visit before he had to jet off to some foreign country for press. You used to go with him, before everything happened.

"I bet you wake up pretty all sleepy eyed, looking even better than you do tonight, when your face touches the morn-" your alarm sang out to you before you rolled over and smacked the snooze button. You'd written that song with Adam Doleac. He's not a big artist but he's slowly making his way onto the scene in Nashville. He kept in touch with you ever since you put him in contact with your friends over at Florida Georgia Line.

"Good morning, Y/N," your live-in assistant Shelly sang out as she walked into your room, your Golden Retriever puppy, Snickers, on her heels.

"No," you groaned and rolled back over, burying your head under your pillows.

"Come on, Y/N, you have that consult with Brothers Osborne at nine, an interview with ACM at twelve, and Luke Bryan is coming by with his kids to see the horses," Shelly read off your itinerary. "Is this about Tom?" she sighed, placing her hands on her hips.

"No," you sighed and resurfaced. She raised her eyebrow giving you a pointed look. "Alright fine. I just miss him, Shelly."

"He broke your heart, Y/N," she said as she scooped up Snickers. "I'll take care of Snickers this morning. Go eat ice cream for breakfast."

"You're not gonna yell at me?" you asked, pushing the covers off your legs.

"If I didn't see it, it never happened," she called back over her shoulder.

"You're the best, Shelly!" you yelled after her, getting out of bed and walking over to your closet.

"I know!"

The clock slowly ticked towards nine. TJ and John Osborne would be here soon. Normally you loved the initial consultation with an artist when they needed a new song. This time around, though, something was bugging you. You were almost positive Tom was still haunting that dark little anxious corner of your mind.

"TJ and John just got here," Shelly alerted you as she picked up Snickers again and walked out the back door towards the barn. "We'll be out back. Shoot me a text when it's safe to come inside."

"Hey guys," you greeted the brothers with a smile, albeit a fake one, at the front door. "Come in."

"How are you, Y/N?" TJ asked as he gave you a one armed hug, the other occupied with a guitar case.

"I'm doing alright, working through some stuff but my creativity loves that sort of thing," you answered, closing the door behind them and accepting the hug from John. "So, tell me about what you're looking for," you pushed Tom out of your mind and threw yourself into your work.