Chapter 2: Twin Terrors

Hey y'all! I'm back from the dead! This story I was kinda exited to write, but school happened, and holidays, so :/. Anyway, hope you enjoyed my amateur writing.

Yay! New chapter! I really am happy that people still read my crappy writing and that they enjoy it. Some advice: If you are new to my fanfics and have not yet read Past, Preset, Future, I would suggest you read this fanfic until it is finished before reading the other fic. :)

! Slight Blood Warning !

Noelle POV

Dirt clouds rose behind Noelle's heels as she skidded to a stop, facing the creepy sisters. Before she could protest, Asta charged them, shoving a blade in the black twin's torso. The impact made no sound, like he was cutting through air.

"Feisty ones, are we?" The plague sister grinned, and stretched forth a hand, blasting Asta into the wall with a grunt.

"Ow . . ." The short boy complained as his rubbed the back of his head. Noelle rolled her eyes.

"That's what you get for being an idiot, Bakasta." She retorted. Facing her enemies, her eyes narrowed. Just for a test, she shot a blast of water at both of them, jumped behind them and shot them again.

"Silly girl, you cannot hurt us."One scowled, turning around to face the young silva.

Great, she thought. They really are like mist. But there has to be one way to defeat, them, one living part of their foggy essence. The female Black Bull scrutinized the two personages as they turned, then saw a small glint as the light shifted. Noelle grinned.

Found ya.

She flipped backwards and stood by Asta's side, who had slightly recovered from being slammed into the wall.

"Aim for their heads" she whispered. "There's a gem inside that holds their form."

Asta smiled mischievously, then charged them. The female violet mist frowned, it was odd to see that he had made the same mistake twice. He sliced her head. Like Noelle has thought, it had some protective layering, so Asta only succeeded in dispersing the mist and denting the heart.

"Sea Dragon's Roar!" Noelle blasted the wet magic towards the undefended purple mist, breaking the gem to shreds. The mist wailed as it was whisked away to oblivion. The black mist growled, her hands clenched.

"You may have been able to slay my idiotic sister, but not I." Noelle took a stronger stance to get ready to spring.

"I control plagues, sickness like the Black Death and the deadly coronavirus. Even the horrid dermatophyte!"

"Um, isn't the last one where you can't stop using the bathroom?" Asta said.

Seriously? Noelle was once again beginning to question her teammates' knowledge.

"That's diarrhea." The plague sister scowled.

"Ah," he said.

Noelle couldn't tell if she could pull off another Sea Dragon's Roar, but she would have to try nonetheless.

Unfortunately, they reacted too late.

Black tendrils shot toward Noelle, hardened, and cut her. Blood dripped from her cheek, her arms, legs, hands, face, and more. The small hesitation as she was cut. She had managed to dodge fatal attacks, but the silver haired girl was loosing a lot of blood. Six more lashes shot towards her. The Silva looked over and realized Asta was also being rapidly shot but, he was not hurt.

Looking ahead, she managed to skid to the side and dodge the first, then second. The third shot in front, and the fourth from the back. Noelle jumped over both of them. The fifth and sixth rushed towards her, and she ducked, and the sixth skimmed her arm, a new wound opening. She winced as her several cuts worsened from the movement. The silver haired girl looked up just in time to see another black tendril reaching to stab her.

I miscounted.

She swallowed the thick saliva in her throat and waited for impact.

Asta POV

The long black arm thingies just kept on coming. He slashed several, but they just regenerated and continued to attack him, an endless volley of attacks. He dodged, slashed, and parried, but there was no end. The ash-blonde boy wanted desperately to check up on his partner, but the constant barrage of tendrils prevented him. Seven arms rushed at him and he barley dodged three. Asta slashed two, and jumped on the last. The short boy crossed his swords and ran up the arm. Readying his swords he jumped up and sliced through the mist and the gem. As the black mist began to whisk away she cried,

"I curse you! I curse you! On the night of the dark, you will be cursed with my plagues!"

"Yeah right," Asta retorted, looking at the dying mist.

"It is my end today young mage, but also your peer's," The black mist whispered as she dissipated. The Black Bull frowned. His peer? Asta turned around.

"No . . . elle?"

Hey! Hope you enjoyed! I will try to update more this week, it's getting really fun to write. My arcs are going to be fairly small. And I'm sorry this chapter was short. Thanks for reading! :) 

Published: Jan 31, 2021