Chapter 8: Seventy Men

Yay! New chapter. :) I did draw the picture on top (obviously cuz it's so bad) I hope you all are doing well, just gonna let you know I will be writing a Valentine's day special, (didn't think I was going to skip that, did you?) so that should be 6 chapters for you all lovely readers this week, but it will probably be posted on Saturday or Friday because I don't do Sundays. And thank you @Balcatraz for being a faithful reader as well, even though you are fairly new. One more thing, I have no idea what @MarsamBaguio asked for, sorry. :( And for all of you who read my first fanfic, it has reached 100 votes! Yay! Anyway, enjoy!

Noelle POV

Noelle practically ran away from the poor girl after she spoke, looking for more damage to solve. She stepped out to the center of the village, looking at the well in the middle that had over 50 men tied to it, all of them unconscious.

Must have been the work of that troublesome two.

Noelle looked around for evidence of their presence.

"Hey princess!" Magna called, dragging five bandits behind him.

"What do you want, peasant?" Noelle huffed, flipping her hair. Luck came skipping in with one bandit on each shoulder.

"They weren't very fun~" Luck tied the rest of people to the well. Some woke up, groaning and rubbing the back of their heads.

"Dang it!"

"I thought we would have gotten away with it!"

"We would have if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

"My head hurts . . ."

"Mommy!"

"Why are these ropes so tight,"

"Da heck was wrong with dat fire deliqunt'?"

"Ya telln' me? Dat lightn' boi didn' come fram heaven"

(A/N Misspelled on purpose, sorry if it bothers you.)

Noelle sighed and opened her contact with Magic Knights HQ. Unfortunately, Sekke was on duty again today.

"This is Noelle SIlva of the Black Bulls speaking here," she said, waiting for the hologram to appear. A light blue Sekke face appeared on her communications device.

"What is it young lady?" he asked. Noelle rolled her eyes.

"We completed the bandit section, but there are far to many to- uh put somewhere." Sekke saluted toward her and turned the communications off. The young Silva could only hope he would actually do what he was told. She made sure that they were tied up securely and took one more look at the ruin for any trapped survivors.

"Anyone else?" The pale young siver haired girl called out. No one replied. She walked back to the center of the village, looking around for anything out of place. Spatial magic formed behind her and she jumped back just in case. Finral stepped, out, his hair freshly swept to the side and tinged green.

"We're supposed to deliver these to the capital jail until they're judged." Finral instructed, glancing over at the pile of bandits.

Finral opened a portal, and Noelle walked through. She would be the receiving side, while Magna and Luck threw the men in. The female Black Bull examined her surroundings, taking in the clean smell of marble and the clash of red velvet against the white walls and floor, spotted with black. A man stood in front of her, dressed in silver armour, tall and glaring back down at her.

"Yer the delivr?" Noelle frowned at the odd accent before nodding. His height and stare didn't affect her at all, but he seemed to think it did.

"Put 'em in der," The guard pointed to a rather small cement room with metal bars before walking away. Noelle had no idea how that would fit the seventy men she had in store for him, but she decided to go with it. Finral poked his head through the portal.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Of course I'm ready!" Noelle almost added 'I'm royal,' but she refrained from doing so, in hopes her tsundere attitude would eventually back off if she took small steps.

The young Silva heard shouts of protest as groups of bandits were thrown through the portal like cargo.

"You-you can't do this! We're bandits! We'll kill you Magic Knight off someday!" One of them shouted out, and almost continued before one of his comrades elbowed him into silence.

"And? I'm royal," Noelle replied coldly, sending shivers down the red banded cult. She opened the prison and shoved the group into the small room. That was the one and only protest. Noelle locked up bunches of murmuring raiders. By some miracle, all of the robbers fit into the small room.

And with that, they reported back to the base. Is what they thought, at least. Instead, they were called to the main castle, and were led to the Wizard King. Magna, Luck, and Noelle traversed through decorated hallways and vast rooms with crystalized windows. Finally, they arrived at their destination. The trio sat in front of the childish man, who was beaming at them.

"You all did very well! Seventy men can't be easy."

"Actua-" Magna was stopped by Noelle almost slapping his face, in a clear sign to shut up.

"I will award you a star for your work. You were the only bunch willing to take the job. Not very many Magic Knights care about the small villages out in the boonies," Julius informed.

"But as a warning, these red headbanded bandits may have been momentarily dipped, but their leader remains. I will tell you this as a warning, young ones." The Wizard King was wise, yes, but it didn't seem to strike her as important. How strong could the leader be? And besides, she had taken out at least half of their forces, they wouldn't be coming back any time soon.

She forgot all about them.

And that was the worst mistake Noelle could make.

.

.

.

This story, you all, will not just be pure Astelle fluff and angst. There will be fights (although I'm terrible at orchestrating them.) and things as such, so be ready. Two updates in one day. Y'all are lucky. I will still update tomorrow, I'm not slacking off.

Published: Feb 8, 2021