Chapter 13: Thief!

The only reason I was able to write this chapter was because I listened to 'Black to the Dreamlight' so many freaking times until I finally decided to get my lazy self working on a new chapter for you wonderful people. Enjoy the first chapter of the '18' arc. It will get a little more, ah, eventful this year/arc. >:)

Warning: Dark Themes

Asta POV

It was supposed to be simple.

Why had it turned out this way?

Where had he gone wrong?

.

.

.

Small robberies were easy, really. Stupid person steals something, a small group of Magic Knights were emergency commanded to catch them before they got away.

So when Asta, Vanessa, and Noelle were sent on one of these at six in the night, he was more or less exited for it. They were quickly transported there by Finral's handy spatial magic, which the ash-blonde boy made sure to complement.

Wet grass and putrid fertilizer immediately filled his senses. The air was thick and cautious, Asta felt afraid to speak. Earthy vines wrapped around the jewelry store, squeezing it almost in a hug. Poisonous plant rooted from the ground, more appearing each second. The short Black Bull looked up to see about a couple robbers threatening the owner of the establishment. The trio rushed inside, slamming the already broken glass doors open.

"Um, boss . . ." A tall, lean, dirty messy orange haired man tapped the shoulder of the second, looking at the Black Bulls. He was, albeit shorter, but still tall, at least for the short boy's standards. He had dark brown hair and phony cold blue eyes that were narrowed by thin, plucked eyebrows. They both had classical brown black outfits, simple black loafers with a few leather accents. Both handled large cotton bags that were already half stuffed.

"Shut up! Anyway, we would basically like everything in this store, or we'll . . . uh . . . hurt you or something." The dark haired man did not seem very professional or real, as the store keeper seemed to realize. The old ashen citizen opened his mouth in a protest, then closed it as cracks fractured across the ceiling. Green root groveled through the cracks, creeping through the ceiling, doors, walls, vents, as the building slowly began to collapse.

"Hands up, idiotic peasant." Asta blinked at Noelle's sudden interruption, as if in a trace from watching the 'Idiots Steal a Bank' show. The Silva's thin black wand was pointed straight at the burglar duo, threatening to blast the thieves with a friendly splash of water. The taller man jolted and turned around, sweat on his brow. The 'boss' swiveled around on his newly polished shoes, his eyes slightly up in a clear suggestion; 'Seriously?'

"You're a stupid royal failure, you can't do-" The robber was interrupted, two swords at his neck. Asta raised his eyes, now in demon form, his harsh force sending shocks up the man's back.

"I dare you," The half-demon hissed, closing in on the bandit's neck like a pair of shears, beginning to suck away his magic.

"To finish that sentence," The tall man, apparently a wimp, tried running out the door, spouting frantic cries. He didn't get out any farther however, as Vanessa's incredibly strong pink threads held him in place, stilling his enormous stature. The witch smirked in satisfaction as she looked at her newly made puppet.

"Oh dear, you're not going anywhere." The pink haired witched smiled, then summoned Rouge, who happily perched on her shoulder. The tall man complained, struggling in his new bounds, wriggling and trying to get out.