Chapter 6: My Clothes Are Dirty

Yay! New chapter! I just realized that I have at least 145 more chapters to write. :( I have at least fifteen more years to cover, so I guess more chapter for you guys. I spent a bajillion hours trying to figure out the timeline for this story, and now I have an outline. Just so you know, this sleeping period kind of thingy, its been a day since Noelle and Asta returned from their mission thingy. Enjoy this chapter!

Asta POV

Asta groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty," Magna said, swinging his firey bat toward him. Asta quickly scrambled back, avoiding being burned.

"Now that you're awake, can we fight? Let's fight," Luck giggled while bouncing up and down.

"Um, no thanks. Where's Noelle?" the short boy asked, looking around.

"In the med room," Magna said, clearing his throat.

"Yes, I would hope you would put her in there but IT CHANGES EVERY TIME!" Asta was still agitated as he stormed across the room, following his thoughts. It led him to a shivering Grey who just hid her face and pointed a shaking hand over towards the room she was standing next to. He entered the room that was filled with green light. Mimosa was in healing mode, bushels of pink flowers on her back. He tapped her on the shoulder and whispered a 'hi' before looking at his wounded partner.

"Last stage," Mimosa whispered, focusing intently on her work. Noelle's crystalized rosy eyes opened, and several sighs of relief filled the room. Asta grinned.

"Welcome back to the world of the living," he said. Noelle shot up in bed, using her uninjured arm as a support.

"You may be fully healed, Noelle but you really shouldn't be moving around that much," Mimosa suggested, nervously rubbing the fabric of her silky clothes between her fingers.

"I suggest you go change," Vanessa proposed. Noelle was about to ask why, when she realized that was a stupid question. She was wearing bloody clothes, and her hair was splotched too. She got out of bed and bowed.

"Um . . . thanks for saving me . . . . even though I didn't reallyneeditcuzI'mroyal," Mimosa chuckled at her cousin's rather indirect approach. Noelle rapidly rushed out of the room to take a bath and get dressed.

Noelle POV

Noelle sighed at herself, her hair a wild mess.

I let Asta see me like this . . . . wait, why do I care what he thinks? Ahhh . ..

Noelle sighed and brushed out her silky silver hair, and kept it down. Her clothes were being thoroughly washed, so she'd have to wear something else. As she approached her wardrobe, she was only praying that she had something casual to wear.

Of course, she didn't. Sighing dramatically, as a royal should, she slipped on a rosy pink kimono. White flowers were hand stitched into the robe, with white cuffs and liners. At her waist, there was a red sash that was clipped together with a silk white flower.The neckline was a small V, first lined with white, then a dark red. It was more comfortable than her previous outfit, but . . . it was a bit formal. The dress reached her thighs, so she slipped on an extra pair of her regular golden brown sandals, (of course she has more of those,) and walked out of her room.

She was late for dinner, that was for sure. All of the other Black Bulls were sitting down, eating rice pilaf, as it seemed to be today. Charmy was commanding her sheep for more food, Gordon was muttering about 'how kind his bestest friends were to eat with him' or something. Magna was eyeing Luck warily, guarding his precious chocolate pudding while drinking a cup of water. Vanessa was drinking something that was most likely not water. Asta was chowing down on his second plate of rice. Grey was probably eating while hiding in some hole. So like a royal should, Noelle announced her arrival.

"Good Evening," she said and walked to her regular spot.

Several things happened at the same time. Magna spat out his water, screaming,

"The HECK?" Luck smiled and offered,

"Now that you're pretty, will you fight me?" Noelle quickly shook her head, she didn't want to singe her only clothes.

Vanessa waved her arm and giggled.

"See you've finally dressed up for your crush," Noelle turned beet red.

"W-why would I do that? I am royal! I simply had no other clothes!" If this is how Grey felt all the time, she could understand why she covered her face all the time.

Asta was just staring at her like his last brain cell escaped his thick skull.

The silver-haired girl sat down cautiously and began to eat her food. It was delicious, with a balanced amount of spice and vegetables and the taste of the separate grains. When she finished eating, she thanked Charmy and the Sheep (that should be the name of a restaurant) for the food and left.

Noelle traversed the long changing hallways and found a small door. She went inside, and stepped up a long spiral staircase to the top of the base. She opened the glass doors and fresh cold air brushed away her free locks of pale hair. She walked out onto the balcony, her sandals tapping lightly on the wood. The young Silva leaned on the railing, looking out at the dark night sky. The bright moon shone pale light on the land below, creating an eternal gentle effect on the beautiful landscape.

"You good?" Noelle jolted at the sudden voice in the quiet atmosphere. She turned around to see Asta, looking at her with concern.

"I-I'm fine Bakasta," The water mage stuttered, still surprised.

"How did you find me?" she asked, twiddling a piece of her free silver hair.

"I just figured you'd be up here," The ash-blonde boy replied, joining her by the balcony. Noelle sighed. Noelle still couldn't believe this blithering idiot that was also irresistibly cute had carried her for two days. It was her fault, and she hadn't apologized. So, she sucked up her royal pride.

"I'm sorry," Asta said. Noelle froze. What? Why was he sorry? Asta looked up at the deep violet sky.

"I was being reckless and didn't think about my own teammate, and now you got hurt and it's my fault." He placed his warm hand on her small one and said,

"Can you forgive me?" Noelle turned to the cold windy air to cool down her glowing pink cheeks.

Asta's holding my hand!! Ah!

"Y-yeah of course I forgive you." she stuttered, letting go of the loose lock of hair she was fiddling with, letting it be brushed back in the soft whistle of wind. Asta took her other hand and held them so she had to look at him.

"Thank you!' Asta smiled, and Noelle's pink cheeks turned red as she resisted the urge to squeal. She wanted to say something, something to show her appreciation for him, her feelings, but what?

I love you.

"You're very kind, you know that?" The short boy said, lightly squeezing her hands.

I love you.

"Mmhmm" Noelle hummed, focusing on the warmth coming from Asta's hands.

I love you.

"Goodnight Noelle," Asta said before letting go of her hands, and beginning to leave the room.

I love you.

"Good night," Noelle respond in a haze, her hands now cold. Asta left, and Noelle turned around, facing the sweet wind of fall.

"I love you Asta," she whispered into the wind.

Hope that wasn't too bad. :P Anyway, I have a REALLY big problem. As this story progresses, you might notice that there are A LOT of my small oc's that all play important parts. I don't put in a single character without thoroughly putting backstory and such, and they all have a role to play. My problem, is that they don't have names. For example, Elsa from like two chapters back, she's not done in the story, she will mostly come back. The only reason she's named Elsa is because I was writing this while babysitting my sisters, who were (guess what) re-watching Frozen II. So I soon will establish a new character, a girl about 7 years old (no it's not Lily) and she does not have a name. Suggestions?

Published: Feb 5, 2021