Chapter 48 - It's All Over. **FINALE**

"I would like to announce something that will be hard for my coach and my fans to believe." DJ said on the press conference. Millions were watching through tv, while a crowd of people were snapping pictures and watching around him. "I would like to announce that I am the missing baby from the Daniel Simmons case, and my mother is the missing Jessica Jarrell."

Everyone around them gasped and looked at him in shock. Seconds later, all of the questions started pouring in. From reporters, to interviewers, to fans. Everyone wanted to know how. Some people, didn't even believe it.

"I have DNA records and dental records to confirm this statement." DJ continued. "My mother left witha man that picked her and my dad up from the deserted scene. My dad, Daniel Simmons, left with us also at this time. However minutes after leaving, he died from his gunshot wounds because he bled out. I'm glad that me and my mother didn't go with him, because that would've been horrifying to see. Me and my mother stayed with the man who picked us up all the way until she got through college, which I refer to as my grandfather. She changed our names to avoid media curcuits and to protect us from our kidnappers. So it is that I ask for the media to give us our privacy until I recover from my gunshot wounds from my assailant. Thank you."

DJ used a cane to walk away from the press conference. Still, the media wouldn't stay out. People swarmed around DJ and his bodygaurd with loaded questions to ask. The bodygaurd helped him barge through many reporters until they arrived at their car, got inside, then drove off.

20 days later, they were all preparing for the trial of Eric King. 26 years later, he was finally being sentenced for being implicated in the murder of Daniel. This was the day that Justine, Vanessa, Angela, Joseph, and his grandmother had been waiting on.

The trial showed multiple gruesome photo's of Daniel's Skeleton.  It showed pictures of his outfit that he was wearing the last night he was alive. The shirt had a bullet hole in the side, and dark brown stains circling around the hole. Brown, that was once red when he bled out. But since red blood grows old, the stains grew old into a darkish brown. They also showed a picture of what was inside of Daniel's pocket when he died, which was a picture of him and DJ in a photo booth. Once they showed this, Justine asked could she exit the courtroom because she couldn't take it anymore.

DJ was still the first thing on Daniel's mind when he died.

The trial carried on for 3 months. Hearing Daniel's last moments, hearing Jessica's witness statement, and hearing Eric's second apology to the family. Justine, Vanessa, and Jojo all gave their statements and after Justine convinced them, they decided to forgive Eric for his horrible act towards their brother.

Everyone except for Angela. When it was her turn to get up and say her statement to him, she let him have it.

"Forgiveness is a strong thing to ask for after someone senselessly took away my brother, Daniel." Angela said as she looked straight at Eric. "When you ask me to forgive Eric, you're asking me to forgive him for setting him, Jessica, and my nephew up. You're asking me to forgive this man for leaving my brother to ROT in a desert after he knew that he was wounded. You're asking me to forgive someone who didn't even think about us when he decided to kidnap him. You're asking me to forgive someone who knew exactly where my brother was, but didn't have the fucking balls to come up and tell us where he was at! Me and my family sat up wondering all night and by the time we woke up the next morning when we woke up looking for him, he was already dead. I will NEVER forgive you for taking my brother away from me unless you find a way to bring him back. I wish that I could watch you rot in hell when that happens because that's the only thing that would satisfy my anger."

 Eric sat at his table and listened to her gutwrenching words. He started to tear up and took multiple tissues to wipe his eyes. He was truly remorseful, but Angela didn't care. That was her blood brother that Eric took away and Angela always let people know how over protective she was about her brother.

Eric was sentenced to 10 years with parole in 5 years. Daniel's family was upset but since it'd been so long and they lost so much evidence, 10 years was the best that they could get. It was close to the end of football season, and the family couldn't be anymore happier.

Over these years, Jessica had finally been able to return back to her regular life. Jessica found Justin, Malik, and Lewis when she went out with Cody one day, and her and the men hang around each other every other day. Justin had two twin daughters, Malik had three boys, and Lewis had one daughter. She even met up with Rakim a few months later, and they slowly became back friends. Jessica and him remained the closest because that's how they'd always been.

DJ remained a football star. His team didn't win the superbowl, but they'd remained one of the top football teams of the nation. At the end of a close game, he dedicated a speech to both of his parents. Cody, Daniel, and Jessica.

"I'd like to dedicate this speech to my mother Jessica and my father Cody! These two have took the time to raise me to become a bright young man. But I also wanted to dedicate this speech to a father that I never got a chance to meet, Daniel Simmons. I love you Dad and hopefully one day, we'll get to meet in that kingdom up above."

Jessica never seen her mother again. 5 years after her disappearance, her mother died of a drug overdose that one of the men gave her after drugging her with a roofie with multiple drugs inside of it. Jessica's aunt organized a funeral service for her sister and she was the only one to show up.

Jessica's father is still in jail. He is 66 years old, and he will remain there until he dies.

Eric left jail 5 years later and knocked on Justine's door. He was there to tell her that he wanted to work as her butler since Jeffery was no longer there, and she accepted. And to prove how much he wanted to make up for her, he decided to work for her for free all the way up until she wanted to fire her. Vanessa, Angela, and Jojo would see him on occasions, but they slowly began to accept him.

Belle or the 'rapist' body was never found.

The police looked into Sean's, Jade's, and Keith's murder, but since Jessica learned how to clean up crime scene's from Uncle Chulo, they never solved the cases.

One day, Jessica woke up on a bright beautiful morning and seen a fake guitar and a microphone on her bed. She turned on the tv and the Guitar Hero game, and seen her and Daniel's old scores on the video game. She smiled as she picked up the guitar to play, when she seen someone open the door.

It was Daniel. He was smiling and holding his guitar with the microphone.

"Are you ready to play another round?" Daniel smiled.