Chapter 2 - Family of Four.

The police had arrived to the house merely 3 minutes after they were called. They arrived to the house, put police tape around it, and investigated the scene as they sent Jessica and her mother out of the house. They went outside, as her mom ran up to one of the officers, and got ready to tell her story.

"Look officers! This man came over and I-"

"Woah woah, miss. Slow down! We'll have one of the officers escort you down to the station to be interviewed." He said putting is hand out. "We've got it all under control."

A police officer had escorted the two women down to the station, where they seen the Joe's wife and kids sitting inside of a room. His wife had jumped up and made her way towards the door, when a police officer had ran in front of her, and stopped her.

"That bitch murdered my husband!" The woman yelled through the glass that silenced her voice. "I'm gonna kill her! I swear that i'm going to kill her!"

Jessica's mom watched in fear as she looked throught the glass, and walked into the empty room that a police officer escorted her and Jessica into. The officer pulled out a clipboard and a pen, wrote down a few things, then shifted his attention towards the two.

"Good evening, ladies. I'm Detective Sanders, and i'll be interviewing you today." He said in a blunt tone. "Which one of you actually shot my victim?"

"I did, sir." Jessica said.

"She did officer but she didn't-"

"Mom!" Jessica said cutting her off, and looking at her. "It's alright! I'll handle this."

"Okay. And what altercation led to this shooting?" Officer Sanders asked.

"I told my mom that he was married to the woman in the other room because they'd just met, and i'd seen it on his keychain. I told her that she should go confront him about this, and she did. Suddenly, he just started attacking her because we discovered that he was cheating on his wife." Jessica said. "He tried to choke my mother, and I shot him the minute I seen her face turning blue."

"Neither of us knew rather he had a violent past or not." Her mother said jumping in.

The officer wrote all of the statements down that they made on his clipboard, clicked his pen closed, and made his way outside of the room.

"I'll be right back ladies." He said.

Officer Sanders had walked outside of his office, called one of the police officers on scene, and described what Jessica had told them happened. But when the officers described how the body was and how the scene looked, they found her story inconsistent. 2 hours later, Detective Sanders walked back into the room, and dropped his clipboard onto the desk, which woke Jessica and her mother up violently.

"Wake up!" Detective Sanders said loudly. "Now i'm investigating a murder. A homicide. A shooting! One thing I don't accept lies on, is death. I'm gonna need you to stop playing games, and tell me the truth Jessica!"

"What are you talking about?" She shouted back at the officer. "I am telling the truth! That's what happened!"

"The officers at the scene has determined that you're story isn't consistent with the crime scene!"

"And?" Jessica snapped. "I was there! I was a witness! Had I not shot the man, my mom would've died!'

Detective Sanders bowed his head, sighed in frustration, and made his way towards the door again.

"I'll be right back." He said in a calm, but irritated tone.

Jessica and her mom waited for the officer to come back, and he took another hour. They fell asleep back on the table, when two officers walked inside of the room, and demanded for Jessica to stand up.

"Stand up!" Another officer said lifting his hands up, talking to Jessica.

"What?" She said in a sleepy tone as she and her mother lifted up their heads.

"Stand up right now!" He yelled. Jessica jumped up as they turned her around, and put handcuffs around her wrists.

"What are you doing?!" Her mother said standing up. "Don't arrest her! She's telling the truth!"

"Jessica, you're under arrest for the murder of Joeseph Simmons." The officer said escorting her out of them.

Joeseph's family went to his funeral while charges were pending against the woman who'd taken him away from them. He was buried on June 20th, 2012. His kids were the ones who were disraught the most in the family, because they were all getting ready to graduate in a few years, and their father would never be able to see it. Their father would never get to see any of them have their own child, their first jobs, their first license, nothing,

3 days later, Jessica was brought to trial, and the family finally got to see her face to face. And all the while, Justine, Joesphs wife, couldn't believe that a scrawny 12 year old girl had murdered her husband who was roughly 275 pounds. But she had to face it throught trial anyway.

The trial lasted 3 weeks. And their family had to see the gruesome photos of Joesph laying bloodied and shot to death on the ground with his eyes open. His youngest son named Daniel, had decided to leave the courtroom everytime he knew that they were going to show something like this. He wanted to remember his father the last way he seen him, and he didn't want these pictures burned and scarred his memory.

Then, the jury came back in the fourth week with the verdict.

"We the people find the defendant, Jessica Lauren Jarrell, not guilty on all counts except for antagonizing this murder." A juror read. "We hearby sentence her to serve a years worth of community service in the area where the victim stayed. Therefore, sending her to live with the victims family."