CHAPTER 8

HERMIONE'S P.O.V

"You know Harry this looks like an interesting book. This is the Potter family history. We should know the history of our family." I said to Harry looking at the front cover of the book. "Right....we should know the history of the family. Read it aloud!" When I tried to open the book there was a prick and a drop of blood fell on the book it glowed and then opened. "Hah! What was this?" I asked Harry. To my immense surprise he started laughing "Sorry.......it's just....that....you...don't know something this important and I know.....well sorry.......Hermy this book is blood warded which means that only a Potter can open it and read it's contents." Oh right! Alright whatever....I started reading out loud......

History of the POTTER FAMILY

Aberfrows were ruling the Wizarding World for 5000 years. The last daughter of the Potter family married the King Aberfrow of that time. Just like the last daughters of the Peverell, Le-fay, Atlus and Emrys Families; bringing the Lordships of the respective families to Aberfrows.

King Ignotous Peverell Aberfrow Potter wanted to work for the betterment of the Wizarding World and also keep the family a secret. He wanted to continue ruling the Wizarding World but also wanted to change the sheep mentality of his subjects. He had four children. So to keep the family a secret and for the sake of their safety he named them as Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff.

Before his death he collected the deathly hallows and became the master of death. But instead of immortality for himself he asked death to at least leave one heir to take over the mantle of the Head of Aberfrow family and that after one thousand years his heir will again gain the loyalty of the three hollows and renew the deal with death.

In his will he advised his children that if the need arise to protect their families they will change names in the following order respectively Gryffindor to Potter, Slytherin to Peverell, Ravenclaw to Le-fay and Hufflepuff to Atlus. This will help in the preservation of the family.

The Aberfrows, Potters, Peverells, Le-fays and Emrys were the darkest families to ever live but these families were known as the Defenders of Light. The five families inter-married to prevent their family magic from getting in the wrong hands(so that it cannot cause destruction of the Wizarding World).

The Potters, Peverells, Le-fays, Emrys and Atlus' were the most important families in the Aberfrow court.

There is a curse on the name of every Aberfrow whose cure is only known by an Aberfrow Princess.

Over the Time the families inter-married to again produce the heir who will be the sole heir of all the families (Potter, Peverell, Aberfrow, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Atlus, Le-fay and Emrys).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow......I never thought that these families can be dark because these families always fought for the light side bringing the destruction of the evil." I said shocked. Harry smiled and said "Hermy! Look you are confusing this again......the book said 'Dark not Evil' there is a difference between the two. Magic is all about intent. Understood?" "Hmm....so magic in itself is not light or dark.....it depends on the intent of the user..... Understood....!" I replied. We were sitting in the library at Potter Castle. "Com'on let's go to sleep..... tomorrow's Sirius' trial. We have to go to the Ministry." Harry said standing up.