minus one

They all came back at the same time, panting heavily. Shuri, who was holding Peter up, fell to the floor with him. By the looks of it, Peter was now unconscious.

Shuir just groaned in annoyance at him.

Mantis was silently crying to herself, her antennae drooping forward.

"Mantis, whats wrong?" Sam asked, concerned.

Wanda gasped and pulled her hand over her mouth.

"A soul...for a soul..." she squeaked.

Understanding dawned on everyone's faces, and the sad silence was broken by loud sniffs and quiet sobs from some of them.

Quill looked heartbroken; he had lost Gamora, then Rocket, and now Drax. Groot's eyes were watery if that was possible, and Mantis was still wailing.

Shuri stood up suddenly. She slammed the stone on the floor. Looking back, she dragged Peer's limp form out of the room, swearing under her breath with the effort.

Shuri POV

Oh no, I cannot believe that Drax is gone! I did not know him that much, but I knew that everyone else did. Still, that didn't stop me from feeling upset about it.

I dragged Peter out of the room, because he needs some medical attention. How stupid can you get? Just give it a short pull, and if you lift it, you lift it. If you don't lift it, then...well tough luck, you're not worthy.

Stopping at the white medical chair in the lab, I heaved Peter onto it. I checked him up, and he had a concussion and a broken toe! Well, I guess he was being serious when he said that his toe hurt.

-some time later when Peter woke up and it is 3rd p pov-

"Oh hey Shuri! Watcha doing? Did everyone get the stones? Did everyone get back okay? Where is everyone else? What happened? Why does my head hurt? And my toe? Wh-"

"Stop with the questions!" Shuri cut him off.

"Okay." Peter said moodily.

"But first you gotta answer them!" He backfired.

"Making a gauntlet. Yes. I don't know. You hit yourself in the head with Mjolnir. Stupid, I know. Concussion. Broken." Shuri answered quickly.

"And did everyone get back okay?" Peter asked worriedly.

"I'm so sorry Peter...the soul stone was to be acquired by...well...it's a soul for a soul. And Drax did it."

"Oh my Thor! Drax is dead? That's awful! Aw man, this is all my stupid fault!"

"Nah, Peter, it isn't your fault. It's purple raisins fault."

"But if I hadn't watched Back to the Future-"

"Peter-"

"If I hadn't gone to Mister Strange-"

"Peter!"

"-he wouldn't be dead, why did I even suggest it-"

"PETER! This isn't your fault, okay! Shut it!"

Peter gave her a grumpy look.

"So you gonna help me put the stones in this stupid thing or what?!"

Peter nodded sadly. He mooched on over to Shuri, and the two teens worked tirelessly on the gauntlet.

"Finished!!" Shuri cried in delight, making Peter jump.

They both grinned at each other.

It was finished.

Then their smiles disappeared.

Who the hell was gonna snap their fingers?

-3-r-d-p-e-r-s-o-n-P-O-V-

"I'll do it." Bucky said quickly.

"No, Mr Bucky! You can't!" Peter cried in alarm.

"I've gotta metal arm, guys. It can handle it!" Bucky smirked.

Everyone exchanged worried glances, but Shuri handed him the gauntlet anyway.

Staring at it, Bucky slipped it on his hand.

Multicoloured lights danced up and down his right side. He winced and groaned when the light slightly hit his shoulder.

And then.

It happened.

The moment they'd been waiting for.

He clicked his fingers.