Chapter 144 - Sister, your schemes run so deep!

Blackie came out of the memory lane, feeling like he had aged 10,000 years!

Unfortunately, in his absence, the present versions of Levi and Maery, had not even matured a bloody second! They were still bickering exactly the same as before he had left!

"Would you stop making me sound like the plague?!" Levi snapped.

Maery giggled and easily dismissed his complaint, "Don't be silly. I wouldn't let my brother contract the plague!"

Levi, "..." (눈_눈) How can this person and his baby have the same parents?

And how can that very similar appearance between the two siblings evoke a totally different feeling in his heart?

"I can't wait to see which unlucky bloke will end up with you!" Levi snorted, "You better make mental preparations. You won't be able to find a better husband than me!"

"Nonsense! Nearly anyone is better than you!" Maery immediately refuted.

"Oh? Name one man that is or would be a better husband than me!" Levi challenged very confidently.

Maery, (눈_눈) "My father..."

Levi stiffened. That was his father-in-law they were talking about! He couldn't openly disagree! Otherwise, what if the man found out about it later and refused to give his son's hand in marriage to him?!

"That... your father is an exception... Name another one!"

Maery deadpanned, "My brother." (눈_눈)

Levi's eyebrow twitched. Alright... it was his loss... his baby was indeed the best~ (/≧ω\)❤

That was one thing these two completely incompatible individuals could agree on.

Thinking about her brother, Mary looked wistful, (*/ω\*) "I look at my father, then I look at my brother..." then she turned to Levi, "Then I look at you..." (눈_눈)

Levi, '...alright, I'll let you win this one because I admit that I am nowhere as perfect as my precious treasure.'

"Speaking about my father," Maery got up to get herself a glass of water, "We need to tell our parents about the change in the wedding arrangements. You tell yours, and I'll tell mine."

'True.' Without further ado, Levi opened up the light screen of his communicator and called his mother. Astar mommy answered after a couple of rings, her image appearing on the light screen. Judging by her surroundings, she seemed to be in the lounge of Astar manor, drinking tea while supervising the manor repairs.

"Mother," Levi opened up in a solemn tone.

"Son?" The woman put down her teacup and tilted her head in confusion. This son of hers only called her if he needed something. So what was it this time?

"I'm calling to let you know there has been a change in the marriage arrangements," Levi went straight to the point, "I won't be marrying Maery."

Thankfully, Astar mommy had put her teacup down as a conditional reflex trained by years of dealing with her son, otherwise, she would have choked on her drink.

Levi gave his wide-eyed mother no chance to process the information before continuing, "I'm getting married to her brother instead. Please handle all the necessary arrangements."

Seeing her son bringing his hand up to press the hang-up button, Astar mommy jumped up from her seat, "Wait, son!" 'You didn't explain anything!!' "Did you and Maery have a fight or...?"

Levi paused in his motions just long enough to say, "No. I fell for her little brother," and then he unceremoniously pressed the hang-up button.

Astar mommy stared speechlessly at her light interface, her wide eyes filled with turmoil.