Part 5

Friday arrived quicker than Maddie thought and Scott was having that group thing with Lydia, Alison and Jackson. Stiles wasn't there, so he wanted to hang around Maddie but the worst part about being twins is that you sometimes get tired of each other.

Maddie grabbed the keys to the jeep and drove off to get some pizza, just to get away from him. Maddie had honestly no idea what to do, and there's no way she was gonna spend the night with hyper stiles, so she drove off to the first person that came to her mind: Derek hale.

She saw him standing outside his house, like he knew she was coming.

Maddie P.O.V

"What are you doing here?" he asked me as I stepped outside the jeep. "You promised me to tell me everything about werewolves" I said to him and he rolled his eyes.

"WHy do you think I'll do that?" asked Derek.

I opened the back door where I had put the pizza and pult the box out so he could see it.

"Because I brought pizza" I told him.

__

Just as I had expected, Derek wanted the pizza... I mean everyone likes pizza. He started to answer all of my questions.

"What can you do exactly? I know that Scott can smell and hear things from far distances... is that because it's one of the wolves special abilities?" I asked him.

"Yes, but we have other things that wolves can't do" He said as he grabbed one salami from the pizza.

"Like what?" I asked him.

"Super Strength, Super Speed, Super Durability we can heal faster than any human can" Said Derek and talked more and more about his abilities he even showed you how strong he really was and I thought it was super interesting.

I assume Derek liked sharing everything too, he certainly enjoyed how interesting I was about it.

Eventually, it got darker and we looked up at the sky, looking for star constellations. It was then it was my turn to show what I know about my favourite subject: Astrophysics. I could name almost all of them, but Derek could only find Orion.

"Orion is actually my favorite story of them all" I told him and he stared at me "They are stories behind them?" he asked me and I chuckled.

"They're all greek gods" I told him. "Like Orion, the hunter Orion was the most handsome of men. He was the son of the sea god Poseidon and Euryale, the daughter of King Minos of Crete." I stopped and then Derek told me to continue.

"He fell in love with Merope, daughter of the king of Chios, Oenopion. The king, who disapproved of Orion and continually deferred the nuptials, eventually had Orion blinded. His vision restored by the rays of the rising sun, Orion is said to have gone to Crete to live with Artemis as a hunter. Accounts of his death vary widely: some legends have him killed by Artemis for trying to rape her, others of Apollo's jealousy over Artemis' love of Orion; still other legends have him killed by a monstrous scorpion. After his death he was placed among the stars"

Derek asked me to tell another story and I did, he also told me stories about how he grew up in the house. How he was the only son and he was very protective over his sister. How his mother was a well-respected alpha.

Author P.O.V

I didn't even realise how late it was until Derek noticed how Maddie was asleep. He smiled and Derek stepped on his feet, grabbed her arms and  carefully twisted her body around and hoisted her over his shoulder.

He pushed the door and walked up the unstable staircase. Once his feet hit the floor signalling he had reached the first floor he pulled her off his shoulder and instead carried her in his arms.

Once he reached his bedroom tent he pushed open the door with his body before slipping inside. He laid Maddie motionless body onto the closest makeshift bed before taking a step back. He shifted on his feet awkwardly, unsure of what to do next.

He should probably call Stiles and tell him she's here, but to be honest, Derek wasn't sure that he wanted her to leave yet. Derek liked being around her, it was like his day automatically lighted up and Derek had never felt this way since Paige.

He didn't want not to be around her.

Anyway, the thought of a bike coming up to his house interrupted his thoughts and he walked downstairs to see Scott standing on his porch.

"It's late" he told him "I need your help" Said Scott.

Derek listened.

"Okay, I know we got you arrested and we basically announced you to the hunters, also I don't know what happened to your sister. But I think I did something last night, I had a dream about someone, but someone else got hurt. And it turns out that part of the dream might have actually happened."

Derek realised what he was talking about.

"You think you attacked the driver?" he asked him.

"Did you see what I did last night?" asked Scott "no" Derek said. "Can you at least tell me the truth?" asked Scott desperately.

"Am I gonna hurt someone?"

"Yes" answered Derek.

"Could I kill someone?"

"Yes"

"Am I gonna kill someone?"

"Probably" answered Derek.

Scott took a sharp breath at the information he just recieved. Derek felt sorry for the guy, he had also gone through that, and he knew exactly how Derek felt.

"Look, I can show you how to remember" he told him as Scott leaned at one of the pillars in the porch. "I can show you how to control the shift, even on a full moon. But it's not gonna come for free" he said.

"What do you want?" he asked him.

"I want you to keep Maddie out of it" he told him and Scott stared at him. "Look, Maddie is just sixteen, she has her whole life in head and if you lose control and kill her." Derek said and he didn't need to say anymore for Scott to understand what he was saying to him.

"Promise me that you will stay away from her, until you get this under control." he asked him once again.

Scott nodded his head "I will" he said.

"Good" Derek said.

"Now, go back to the bus, go inside, see it, feel it. Let your senses, your sight, smell, touch, let them remember for you" he told him.

Scott did what he said, not only that, he also started to ignore Maddie...