Chapter 13

Fiona Anderson

"Fiona, meet Nora." Mrs. Dixon says, looking from me to the new girl sitting beside me. I look at her and she extends her hand towards me. I shake her hand and say, "Hi, I am Fiona."

"Hello, I am Nora, Nora Duan." She says as she smiles again.

She is a really smiley person, I notice.

"Nora is going to be your roommate from now on." Mrs. Dixon says and I sigh to myself. I will have to take all my junk down from the upper bunk bed, I think to myself.

"She is new here, and I hope that you could show her around and help her fit in." The principal says. At that, I almost laugh out loud because she expects me to help Nora fit in when I myself am an outcast.

But I nod my head and say, "Yeah, sure. I would love to do that."

"Thank you so much Fiona! We are going to be great friends." Nora says, giving me a sudden side hug.

I try to give her a smile and slowly extract myself from her hug.

After that Mrs. Dixon talks to us for some time and then we get up to leave.

"Off you go now. It will take time for Nora to unpack." Dixon says and we leave.

At first, things are quite awkward as we walk down the halls. But, we exit the main building and Nora takes a deep breath and says, "So, how long have you been here?" she asks me.

"Just about one and half months, that's all," I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"Ohh, nice. I am really excited to be here to be honest." She says, and she almost jumps in excitement. Only if I were that energetic.

"Don't be." I whisper under my breath, but I guess she hears me because she asks, "What? Why?" she asks. We pass the 3rd dorm building and reach ours.

Outside the door are 4 large suitcases. Which I guess belongs to Nora.

We both pick up two cases and start tugging up the stairs. It takes a lot of energy but we finally get there.

We both lean against the wall, trying to calm our breaths.

"You still didn't answer my question." Nora says, giving me a sideways look.

"Um, it's nothing." I say.

"NO NO NO. Tell me." She says, pulling at my elbow.

I sigh and say, "Okay. The girls here are not really the nicest." Hating that I sound like a whiny baby.

Nora laughs and says, "That's all? I know how to deal with those type of girls really well." With a smirk on her face.

I look up at her and she continues, "I may look really sweet and nice, but if someone messes with me, I won't take their shit."

I look at her, feeling impressed. I wish I was like that.

We both get back up and take the suitcases up to my- our dorm.

I open the door for her and say, "Well, this is it." Inviting her in.

Ava and Alison are sitting on their bed, looking upset.

"How come you are back?" I ask, didn't they like have a bonfire or something?

"Mrs. Markson saw us. She sent us all to our rooms, that too with an essay on 'why it's important to follow rules'" Ava says, making quotes with her fingers.

"Who's this?" Alison asks, before I have the chance to answer.

Nora walks forward with confidence and a smile, "Hi. I am Nora. Your new roommate." She says with a wave of her hand.