Chapter 25

Fiona Anderson

"You can't do this Fiona!" Nora hisses at me as we stand outside Mrs. Dixon's office, or rather Mrs. Swon's office for the time being.

"But I have to. My dad is really sick and I need to talk to him." I lie to her, I have been lying to people a lot these past couple days.

I am originally here to call up Mrs. Dixon. I somehow talked Ms. Cabot into giving me the principal's number. I need to know what's happening, how Mila is.

"And why can't you just ask some teacher normally if you really have to talk to your dad?" she asks, her hands on her hips.

"I don't know. Just please tell me if someone is coming, okay?" I give her a pleading look and she sighs before she agrees.

I quietly sneak into the office and look around to make sure no one is there. I talk out the piece of paper having Mrs. Dixon's number and dial it into the phone.

My heartbeat picks up as the phone starts to ring. But it just keeps ringing. I quickly cut off the call and dial again. But Mrs. Dixon doesn't pick up.

Why isn't she picking up!? I don't have much more time!

I am about to call for the fourth time when Nora peaks in, a panicked look on her face.

"Fiona. Mrs. Swon is coming, quick, come out!" She hisses at me and I rush out of the room just as Mrs. Swon turns the corner.

"What are you two doing here?" she asks, pulling down her glasses.

"No- nothing Mrs. Swon. We were just walking by." Nora says, pulling me away and down the corridor.

I didn't get to even talk to Mrs. Dixon after taking all this risk.

------------------

The sun is shining in my face as I sit and write an English essay in the field. Today, it has officially been a week since Mila was kidnapped. My worry for has been over the roof. I have tried calling Mrs. Dixon but she never even picked up the phone.

But right then, as I am sitting in the field, the main gate is right in front of me. Suddenly a black BMW stops in front of it and I see a girl walk out of the car and enter the school.

I jump up and rush over to her as soon as I realize that it is Mila.

I reach Mila and immediately rush in to give her hug. Just as I see the car again, I see a glimpse of Mrs. Dixon in the driving seat and I run outside the school to talk to her. But before I can reach her, that car engine turns on, and the car starts moving away. I call out Mrs. Dixon's name, but the car doesn't stop.

I sigh and walk back inside to see that Mila is waiting for me on the side walk. Just then, I see the bruise on her face and exclaim, "Mila! Your face! What did they do to you?" holding her face in my hands, sitting on my knees so that we are face to face.

Mila doesn't say anything and starts to turn away. I assume that she wants to see her mom now and I lead her towards the kitchen.

"What are you going to tell Ms. Cabot?" I ask her slowly but Mila just shakes her head, making me understand that she doesn't want to talk right now. The fact that her face shows close to no expression scares me more than that she isn't saying anything.

I walk her to the cafeteria and leave her there to talk to her mom alone. I will see her again later, when she is in a better condition. She is shaken and in shock right now, I need to give her more time.

I see her walk away and into the kitchen and hear Ms. Cabot's gasp of happiness before it turns into worry. I slowly walk away, leaving them on their own.