Chapter 31

A/N- THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE CHAPTER.

Fiona Anderson

My exams are starting tomorrow, but here I am lying on my bed, reading 'Little Women' for the millionth time. I really need to study, but my mind is just exhausted and I really needed a break. I am just planning to get ready to go to dinner when I hear a small rush of clothes outside the door and see an envelope slide underneath my door.

I rush up from the bed, throwing aside my book. But instead of picking up the letter, the first thing I do is slam open the door and look outside, finally wanting to see who the writer is. But, just as I look out into the corridor, I see the back of a black-clad person turn away into the stairs.

I am about to run after them, but then I realise that they are already too far ahead of me for me to catch up to them, so with a sigh, I turn back into the room, picking up the letter from the floor. What if someone else had been here instead of me? Did this mean that the writer knows exactly where I am all the time?

I tear open the letter and go take a seat on the bed, curious to know what it's about this time. Not knowing that it would change everything I believed was true.

"This is the last that you will hear from me. So go take a seat Fiona, because this is going to make you weak to your knees.

I have been trying to hint you about your mother and principal's past for the past five months, but I don't think you have really been able to figure it out."

I have been getting the letters for five months already?

"And if you have, then you are just not ready to accept it. So, I am going to explain everything to you.

Evelyn and Alexandra had been agents for a high class secret agency called Union Crime Investigation Department (UCID) for a very long time. Both of them had been really good agents, and your mother got successful and ranked up in the agency really quickly."

What is she talking about!? Mom and Mrs. Dixon were agents? No, this can't be true!

"But for a women, with success comes jealousy.

Hatred from colleagues at 'how could she be better than I am?'

Your mother had made some enemies in the agency itself.

Her accident that caused her brain damage, and her death, they were no accidents. They were carefully planned assassination attempts.

Your mother got lucky during her car accident and survived it."

It wasn't an actual accident? It was planned murder? My hands shake as I read on.

"But the second time? She wasn't so lucky.

She was murdered in cold blood by her own colleagues.

I have known your mother for quite some time. And I sincerely hope that she gets her justice some time.

I know this is a lot to take in, but this is the truth. I hope you find your peace with it someday.

Goodbye Fiona."

I read the letter over and over and over again. Not believing what I was reading. Is, is this really true? Are they playing a joke on me? This is what I had feared the most. I had thought of them being some part of the organisation before, but I never imagined it would actually be true.