Chapter 23

Fiona Anderson

I walk down the hallway, really happy now that the exams are finally over. I can even go meet Carson, screw him for not wanting to meet for two whole weeks. I got up to go to the forest so many times last week before I finally remembered that he wasn't going to be there.

I reach Mrs. Dixon's office and knock.

Before I can extend to open the door, it opens itself, and I see another girl leave before I enter the office. Mrs. Dixon looks up and gives me a smile.

"How were your exams?" she asks. I smile back at her and take a seat before I reply,

"They were pretty good. They went really well actually." I was a little surprised as well when I saw that I could answer most of the questions with ease.

"Well, good for you. You have got to have good grades this year if you want to get into a good college." She replies.

I nod, "Yeah, that's true. Everyone is starting to freak out about where they want to go now that school will be over in a few months."

"What about you? Where are you deciding to go?" she asks.

"I haven't really thought about it yet. I mean I have always loved Maths. So, I may do something in that line." I say, I actually haven't given it much thought.

"At least you have an idea about which area you want to work in. When I was your age, I was clueless." She says with a small laugh.

I give a small laugh and say, "Trust me, I don't know anything about what I want to do either. This is just something I am considering taking up.

"So you haven't decided what college you want to go to?" she asks, sounding like she's my mom. I sigh and say,

"I was thinking about just joining community college instead of some high level university, because I want to stay with dad for a while." I say and just as I am about to tell her that I don't want to talk about this anymore, she says,

"Where ever you go, don't even think about losing contact with me after you leave Maple Ridge." She says, giving me a serious look.

"Obviously I won't forget about you. I will keep calling you every week or two so we can catch up."

Just as she is about to reply to me, Mila hops into the room.

"How many times have I told you to knock Mila? What if I was in an important meeting?" Mrs. Dixon scolds Mila as soon as she comes to stand beside the table.

"I am so cute that they wouldn't mind me disturbing the meeting." Mila replies with a cheeky smile, making me chuckle.

Mrs. Dixon sighs and asks, "Did you come to tell me something?"

Mila shakes her head and says, "No. I thought the Fiona would be here, so I came to meet you both." She says and then turns towards me with a pout, saying, "You haven't met me even once in the last two weeks. You were so busy studying all the time." She says.

"I am sorry. You can come to my dorm tonight okay? We can stay up all night playing." I assure her, feeling a little guilty that I hadn't made time for her before.

"Yay!! I will bring all my shades of nail polish, no wait, I can't carry that many. I will just get my top 10." She says, almost jumping in excitement.

"We will paint all of Nora's nails in different colours." I tell her mischievously, giving her an amused look.

"You know you shouldn't discuss this all in front of right? I can stop Mila from going anywhere that late at night." Mrs. Dixon says.