2

I was putting my clothes away in my new room, then I heard someone knock on the door.
"Come in," I said.
"Hey (y/n)! You wanna come with me to the store? I was gonna go get some groceries and I was thinkin' maybe you'd want to go out and look around Reseda."
My uncle asked me. I wasn't really in the mood for going out. I was still pretty upset out about losing my dad and grandparents.

"No thanks. I'll stay here." I said.
I heard him walking closer to me and kneel down, "Look, I know it's hard losing someone you love very much, but you don't stop living just because you lose someone."
I looked up at him and looked down at the ground. I could feel my eyes getting watery. 

He wrapped his arms around me and said, "I'll always be here for you for you, ok?" I nodded my head as tears poured down my face.
"It's alright, don't cry." Uncle Alex whispered. I calmed down and stopped crying. I got up from the floor and went to the bathroom to wash my face. 

"I'm heading out now," I heard my uncle say.
"I'll be back in a few hours." 
"Alright, see you Uncle Alex." I said.
"Just call me Alex. When you call me uncle it makes me feel old."
He wasn't that old, he was in his 20's. That isn't old at all. We laughed, then he walked out the door.

~~~~

I was in my room sitting on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about what Alex said.
You don't stop living just because you lose someone.
He was right. Just because my dad is gone, doesn't mean that I should live the rest of my life all sad and depressed. I got up and decided to walk around the apartment complex.

I walked out the door and went down the stairs.
"Eeee-YA!" I heard someone yell, and a big BANG.
I looked over at the gate and saw a tall, tan boy pushing his bike through the door while holding a piece of luggage. He looked up at me and smiled. 

Boy was he cute! I smiled back and I could feel my cheeks get a little red. "H-hi," I said shyly. "Hi! I'm Daniel LaRusso." Daniel, nice name. He put his hand out and I put mine out as well. "I'm (y/n)," I said while shaking his hand. 

"You movin' in?" I asked, pointing at his suit ase. "Uh yeah, I just got here." He said. "Me too. Well, I got here yesterday. Where are you from?" "I'm from Jersey. You?" "Texas." I reply. "Cool! What's it like there?" Daniel asked. "Hot!" I said.

"What's it like in Jersey?" "Cold!" We looked at each other and laughed. "You need help?" I offered. "Oh, uh, sure! Thanks." He said. I took his suitcase and smiled at him. "No problem!" We walked up the stairs to get to his apartment. "What number?" "20," Daniel said. "Oh cool! I live next door in apartment 21!" I said. 

"Neat!" Daniel smiled. He had a really nice smile and beautiful eyes. "Thanks for helping me." Daniel said. "Of course!" I turned around to head back down stairs to go on a walk, but then I turned back to Daniel and asked, "Hey I was going to go for a walk around the place, would you like to come with?" 

I was nervous and scared. What if he said no? "Sure! I'll go put this inside and tell my mom. I'll be out in a few seconds." "Ok." I replied. I smiled at him as he walked inside his apartment. 

A/n: (Stay gold my dudes! 💛)