Chapter 1 || Meeting Him.

You finally arrived at the village! You held your mother's hand as she walked into the Inn, renting 2 beds, one for you and one for her. Right after she finished paying you tugged at her shirt, "Mother! May I go explore?" you waited for her response. She sighed, she was always concerned for your safety but since she knew you were practically old enough she simply just nodded slightly.

You smiled brightly at her before letting go of her hand and running out of the Inn. You honestly had no clue where you were going but you were interrupted by a navy/dark blue rito, sitting on the edge of a landing. He looked smaller than the other rito children you ran past plus he had braids in his hair! You were curious so you walked over and tapped his shoulder, making him jump a bit.

"Oh! Im sorry if I scared you.. My name is Y/N!" You quickly stepped back to give him some space.

"Don't worry.. I'm Revali. Nice to meet you." He seemed like a joyful one. You only guessed this because of the way his beak lifted into a smile on both sides. He allowed you to sit beside him and as soon as you sat on the wooden flooring he asked you a question, "May i ask- Why would you come straight to me instead of meeting the other ritos first?" he stared at you with his shiny green eyes, waiting for a quick answer.

"You stuck out more to me! You have braids and the others don't." You continued to smile before getting distracted, "Do all ritos have these red circles on their cheeks?" You started poking his cheeks with curiosity. You noticed how his face grew a faint bright red and he gently swatted your hand away, "Stop that! And no others do not have the same red circles like me!" He crossed his arms and turned his head in the other direction, you giggled at his little action.

As the day passed, the two of you started to learn more and more about each other you heard your name be called.
"Y/N? Come back it's getting late!" you turned your head to see your mum waving her arms in your direction. You frowned a little then sighed before getting up and cleaning the small amount of dust off your bottom. Revali was looking up in confusion before realising and frowning a bit, you were having a great time together but that doesn't mean you can stay up so late just to talk to someone.
"I got to go now.. See you tomorrow Revali!" You skipped away, humming as you made your way to your parents, who were watching as you said goodbye to your new friend.

[time skip - morning]

You woke up a lot later than usual, probably because of how soft the beds were. But right when you opened your eyes, the sun was so bright you quickly hid under the covers, 'welp.. guess it was my fault for looking straight at it..' you thought to yourself before peeking out the blanket, this time facing the other way. You sighed before throwing the blanket off you and jumping out of the bed, grabbing your bag which was stuffed under your bed and grabbed a white shirt, black trousers and some shoes (literally any shoes you like lmao), changed into them quickly and walked out of the Inn. You could see from a distance that your mum was in the Slippery Falcon, you knew the name because Revali told you everything about it but he seemed quite tired and lazy to give you an actual tour. You walked over to the shop and entered, your mum was just about to pay for the food she got for lunch before noticing you walking towards her, "good morning mother!" you smiled and looked up at her as she looked down at you.

"Oh good morning Y/N! I cant wait to tell you the news!" She seemed excited— which also made you quite excited— as she crouched down infront of you to reach your level

"What is it?" You stared at her, even though you felt excited you also felt scared of what the news could be of. You knew that she isn't very fond of leaving hateno and how she only chose this particular place because the Gerudo can be too strict at certain times (and loud), the zora are just.. well.. tall, walking spiritual fish people and Death Mountain is just too hot! Rito Village was only chosen because it seemed to be the 'safest'  (according to your mum) place in all of Hyrule despite the amount of landings they have there.

"We finally have our new house built back in Hateno! We will be able to go back home in two more days now!!" She had a huge smile on her face and did a little dance, "We can finally go back home and leave this.. uhm— bird place!" Before you could answer, she ran past you making her way towards the kitchen, immediately getting your lunch ready for you. Your smile dropped at the news.

"We literally only got here yesterday.. How is that possible..? I guess I should tell Revali." you sighed and walked slowly up the spiral staircase, seeing your friend in the same spot as yesterday. You inhaled deeply and walked in his direction, sitting next to him. He smiled as he looked at you and shuffled a bit to face you directly. You were afraid to tell him that you were leaving way earlier than expected. You knew that you didn't have the courage to say it so you simply just forgot about it and began talking about each other's talents, making you completely forget about all the bad thoughts. But they still rested within you.