Chapter 15 || A Beast Returns.

(A/N: I'll say it again.. From now on, this story will contain quite a few things from Age Of Calamity.)

You and Revali quickly broke contact and he flew out and soared into the air, gasping at the sight he saw before flying down and looking at you with a worried look. You knew he had to go up to Vah Medoh, "Please... Let me assist you up there." You said. Revali shook his head but couldn't stop you as you already ran inside to get your bow. "Y/N! It's dangerous... I don't want you getting hurt!" You shook your head and jumped on his back. He didn't have enough time to push you off him so he just gave in and flew upwards to the Divine Beast which was flying towards the castle. Once you landed, you climbed off and stood close to him as he began controlling Vah Medoh to aim at the corrupted castle.

"Take this, Calamity-!" Revali was cut off by the terminal turning a dark foggy purple, along with blue lines forming into a large, floating, blue ball. It slowly turned into a horrible beast, it was covered in malice and had two cannon-like objects connected to his arms. He let out a loud screech, making you and Revali cover your ears. Once the screech faded, you looked up and saw it aiming at you. Your eyes widened and you jumped out of the way and shot it right in it's chest. It didn't seem to take notice of you though... It was targeting Revali. It's body followed his movements as it shot a quick laser beam each second. You heard Revali grunt as he flew up and flew back down, grabbing his bow. He tried shooting but he couldn't get a direct aim at it. The lasers were so close to hitting Revali and it made him panic a bit as he lost grip on his arrows, scoffing as he looked back down at the foul creature. You hid behind one of the pillars before finally getting a good glance and using one of the updrafts, one that was built into the Divine Beast, and targeted the shining blue eye. You shot a single arrow, hitting him directly in the face. You fell back onto the ground and ran behind it.

Your eyes widened at the sight of Revali almost getting shot right near the chest. It left a small mark on him as he shouted in a bit of pain, "Just a scratch." He said to himself before getting blown away from the gust of wind, getting thrown onto the ground. Just this small thing filled yourself with plenty of anger. You shot it on the back, making his attention attract to you. It pointed its lasers at you and before it could shoot a sudden burst of three arrows shot out of nowhere. It wasn't Revali. A white Rito could be seen in the air with the sides of his hair almost braided together. He chuckled and flew down quickly to help Revali up, he didn't seem to notice you until he began soaring back into the air. He put his bow on his back and began distracting the beast. Revali looked up in confusion, "Who is he..?" He whispered as you ran to his side, helping him get his posture straight. "Don't worry about that... We need to get rid of this thing!" You said handing him his great eagle bow. He took it and quickly thanked you before finally hearing the Ritos voice, "All yours, Master Revali!" He shouted, the little ganon minion focusing on the self-sacrificing rito. Revali soared into the air and was armed with bomb arrows. You watched closely, making sure that the random one doesn't get shot or anything. "Some payback is in order!" Revali said, you could easily tell that his voice was flushed with rage. He shot the arrows. The ganon looked up and blocked them, letting out another loud and unsettling screech. You covered your sensitive ears again. "What? That thing is still standing?!" The white Rito spoke. Revali flew down next to him, he was a bit smaller compared to him.

"Yes and yet..." Revali continued with a small smirk on his face, "I cant help but feel that the wind may finally be at our backs.." You tilted your head and turned around to see Link and a small guardian come rushing in. You gasped lightly as he looked at you. "Link?!" You were cut off by a sudden laser being shot in front of you. You quickly got your bow out and continued the fight. During this, you noticed the Princess come running in, holding a strange device in her hands. You ignored her for a bit until you shot a few more arrows, only to see it disappear. You rested your bow in your palms as the two Ritos landed down, the princess seemed surprised to see you here so she walked over and spoke, "So.. You fought up here as well..?" She asked. You nodded, a bit speechless after what just happened. "Thank you... truly." She smiled and so did you. You both got distracted by A tall Gerudo and a smaller one talking. "I-I would not presume to take credit... We.. all of us fought as one!" The young girl spoke. You watched closely as Revali made his way over to Link. "Hm..." He scoffed lightly before turning away again, Link looked as if he was expecting a compliment, "Well, we would've been just fine without you... But I suppose it's better that you were here." He said bluntly, walking over to you and standing close to you. Link accepted that.

The white Rito spoke up a bit shocked by the champion's attitude, "I never thought the champion would be so...-" He was cut off by the Gerudo. "Hold that thought for now. Princess, please tell us, what happened at the castle..?" You nodded slowly as you also wanted to know what happened. The look on Zelda's face changed, she looked traumatised. 'Huh... Something definitely happened there...' you thought, frowning slightly. You weren't so used to seeing many people sad. "Alright... I'll tell you..." she answered, her voice a bit croaky as she began explaining the whole story in as much detail as she could.