Chapter 25 || Being Soft?

You woke up next to a fast asleep Revali. You couldn't help but smile at his little snores. His wings wrapped tighter around your waist, making you let out a inaudible squeak by his sudden grip on you. 'He certainly is tired.' You thought to yourself as you lifted his wing up gently and shuffled out of the bed. You sat there for a moment before standing and quietly making your way out of the bedroom. You went to grab a glass of water and after drinking it, your head turned to see what looked like someone sitting on the chair near the fireplace.

You hesitated a little before walking over to it and poking it. You calmed down as soon as you knew it was just a blanket bundled up into an odd looking ball shape. You then heard small tapping noises coming from behind you which scared you a lot more. You jolted and spun around on your heels, smacking the face of whoever was behind you. "OW!" You gasped at the familiar voice.

"Revali?! Stop scaring me!" You frowned as you helped him up.

"Your reactions are priceless! How can I not?" He chuckled.

Your face went red out of embarrassment as your cheeks puffed up. Revali had a large smile placed on his beak before walking away to get something to eat. You shook your head while exhaling and looked at Mabel who was rubbing her large eyes. She waddled over to Revali and hugged his legs, a small giggle leaving your mouth. Revali scratched the back of his head while looking down at the other rito. You could tell he found it cute but he couldn't show it. He had a certain face. It looked like his normal annoyed-like face but the very corners were lifted up to his cheeks.

He stopped what he was doing and gently shook Mabel. She yawned quietly and looked up with an adorable smile. "Ravioli...!" She giggled and waddled over to the fireplace, sitting by your feet after you sat down on a chair. She stared at you, making you feel a bit uncomfortable until you picked her up and placed her on your lap, patting her beak. "Hehe! That tickles!" You smiled and hugged the rito tightly. Her (f/c) feathers brushing against your cheeks.

Revali looked over his shoulder before walking over to you. He was quiet and began pecking at your head. "REVALI!" You placed Mabel down and began chasing him around the house with a pillow. Mabel was laughing throughout the entire chase. Revali ran out of the door and flew into the air, laughing down at you and dodging the pillow you threw. "Come up here, Y/N!" He joked before flying back down and hugging you. You pouted but returned the hug, smacking the back of his head as softly as you can.

You went back inside the cabin and ran to the fire because you were only wearing your pyjamas and not your snowquill stuff while chasing Revali. You wrapped yourself up in the blanket and let Mabel join you as you cuddled up together. You honestly felt like a real Mother once you started doing this. "Hm..." you sighed in relaxation. The room became silent.

Until Mabel suddenly broke it, "I'm going to go draw! Join me father!" She jumped out of your hug, grabbing Revali's wing, dragging him to the table and running to get some paper and pencils. You smiled at the shocked blue rito, he was sad because he literally got dragged around. Mabel ran back and handed him a piece of paper. Revali went back into reality and thanked her, immediately drawing.

...

An hour passed, you were reading in your room before checking up on the two rito. Your eyes widened at the sight to see Revali sleeping on the couch with Mabel cuddled up next to him. A soft smile appeared on your face to see this. 'How cute!' You walked over and hovered your head over the dusty rito. You kissed his beak and giggled quietly as he mumbled and swiped his finger over his beak, thinking a fly was inside. You cupped his face and kissed his beak again. This time, he was half-awake. He looked beside him and saw the child cuddling against him before looking up at you, "Oh! Uhm.. hello dear." He stuttered a bit.

"The champion of the Rito being soft, huh?" You laughed at his red face of embarrassment. Mabel then woke up and looked at the two of you.

"Can I play with the others in the village..?" She said in a whisper. You nodded and picked her up. So did Revali except he did a little stretch before. You changed into your snowquill outfit and began walking towards the village with Revali flying above you.

As soon as you arrived, Mabel ran to a small group of the rito children to join their game. You turned towards the blue rito and smiled, "Want to visit Vah Medoh?" Revali's eyes lit up while he nodded rapidly, crouching down for you to get on his back. You climbed on and held onto his shoulders, your face buried in his old warrior scarf.

You landed on Vah Medoh and hopped off his back, your eyes suddenly meeting his. He was staring right at you. You could sense a hint of lust in his gaze and your face grew red, "Revali...?" You said, waving your hand in front of his face. He slowly moved closer to you and held your chin to look up at him. 'What's gotten into him?!'  You thought to yourself as he leaned forward and began 'kissing' your neck. You gulped, your hands automatically making their way up to his braids and began to fiddle with them. You felt his tongue sweep across the side of your neck, making you gasp softly. You couldn't think straight. You began to caress his back with one hand while the other continued to fiddle. Revali finally leaned back a bit and stared at the little mark he left, it looked like a triangle but without the bottom line (A beak like mark). He pulled you close and hugged you tightly. You were confused but still returned the back.

"Sorry about that... I don't know what came over me." He spoke, breaking the hug as your small hands rested in his feathers. You just smiled and hugged him again tightly.