Chapter 13 || A Night Walk.

An hour passed and Revali landed on Vah Medoh. You hopped off and looked at him. "I really enjoyed spending time with you." You said, breaking the silence. Revali smiled at this and agreed. You then felt your heart beating faster, just by making eye-contact made your face grow a faint red. 'I shouldn't... it's still too early to even try confessing.' You thought before quickly turning towards the sunset, "The view sure is beautiful at this time of day." You had one hand to your chest as you walked away, staring at the sky. Revali stood next to you, "Indeed." He said, also admiring the view. Your eyes then gazed towards Revali's bow before looking up to his sharp eyes, "Revali? I was wondering if I can continue training with a bow and arrow at the flight range." Your said, your hands now resting together infront of you. He thought for a moment, more monsters have been appearing lately which is practically a sign of Ganon returning. He looked a bit concerned about this but sighed and answered, "Fine." You smiled and climbed on his back again as he flew down to the village. "You should sleep first." He said, landing down at the Inn. You frowned and held onto him tightly, not jumping off.

"But can't I train now..?" You pouted as Revali tried shaking you off. "No Y/N. You need some rest before training." He grabbed you and placed you on the ground, pushing you gently inside the Inn. You stomped your foot on the ground, making you become stiff. Revali rolled his eyes and picked you up, quickly walking inside and placing you on your bed so that nobody else can see him acting different like this. He dropped you and you frowned a bit, "Fine, fine." You turned away and placed the bow you were given and pretended to sleep. You listened closely to the tapping of his claws as Revali walked away.

...

An hour later, you still couldn't try sleeping. You felt like you were missing something. It felt a bit odd not being with Revali that night so you slowly sat up from the bed and looked around, seeing other travelers fast asleep in the other empty beds. You climbed out of the bed, grabbed the bow that stood on the small bedside table and walked out of the Inn. It was dark out since it was about midnight but not too dark so you could see just a little bit of where you were going. You slowly made your way down a couple of steps, your hands infront of you to make sure you won't bump into anything. You knew you were close to the stable once you felt your horse smudging his face in your palms. You giggled quietly before noticing a torch and a small campfire still lit up. You quietly grabbed the torch and set the tip on fire, trying not to wake up the stable people, before mounting your horse and walking in the direction of Hebra.

"I must say... The stars sure are beautiful." You whispered, stroking your hand across your horses' neck on the side, holding the torch in another hand. It was dead silent, all that was heard was the wind whistling behind you. To be honest, you were actually quite scared of the dark but since you had a bit of light near you it wasn't as bad as you would've thought. Everything seemed to be going well until you heard a branch snap in half. Your horse was spooked by this sudden noise and reared, throwing you off him and running away. "Huh?! WAIT! (H/N)!" You shouted as you saw the light coming from the torch vanish into the snow. You lifted yourself up from the ground with your elbows as you looked around in search of where the noise would've came from. You panicked a bit before pulling yourself up, almost tripping forwards because of how fast you got up, quickly grabbing the bow that fell beside you. You heard what sounded like a bokoblin coming from behind so you quickly jumped forward and aimed your bow at the small silhouette running in your direction.

The bokoblin pounced at you, your bow blocking the bat from hitting you. 'Of course... I should've known it was a monster.' You thought before pushing it away and grabbing an arrow from the small bag on your hip, targeting the creature. You then shot right through its head, making it screech before watching as it turned into a purple and black fog. More of them were coming so you continued shooting. Two more were running towards you and you quickly stepped back. You had run out of arrows. You cursed under your breath and decided to just run. They chased after you. You looked over your shoulder as you kept running. A Moblin suddenly jumped infront of you, making you fall back in surprise. You were cornered. You shut your eyes tightly as the moblin raised its weapon. Until you heard it fall flat on the ground infront of you, the bokoblins as well.

You crawled back a bit on your elbows to get away from the moblins limp body before it turned into the fog. Your breathing was heavy from all that running. You looked around and saw Revali flying down to you, "Y/N!? What in the name of hylia are you doing out here at this hour?" He asked in his annoyed tone, although he looked concerned. You inhaled deeply as you avoided eye-contact, "I'm sorry... I couldn't sleep and I wanted to see you.." you hid your face in your palms. Revali looked surprised at this and he gently removed your hands from your face, "What do you mean?" He asked. Your face was red and he noticed this but simply guessed that it was because you're in Hebra. You shook your head, "Can I tell you tomorrow...?" Your voice now whispering. Revali nodded and put you on his back, flying to the Inn again. He placed you in the bed and hesitated a bit before joining you in the blanket. You froze at the feeling of his chest against your back and his wing wrapping around your small waist. He didn't seem to care as much since he fell asleep before you, whereas you felt awkward yet it also felt a bit normal. 'Uh.. calm down, calm down.. Hopefully I can tell him my feelings tomorrow...' You said in your mind before drifting off to sleep, Revali still cuddling you tightly.